Bulley returns to seal Hindringham victory
Hindringham 2, Holt 0
Hindringham made a successful return to action as they moved four points clear of the bottom three in Anglian Combination Division One.
The hosts were keen to build on an encouraging performance in new manager Shane Vertigan’s first game away at ceyms. Bulley came back into the side after work commitments and Alex Walpole made his first start since returning from Fakenham Town.
The game started well for Hindringham as they took control from the start. Broughton looked lively up front and caused the Holt defence problems. It was no surprise when Hindringham took the lead, as Broughton beat his man and fired in a shot which the keeper could do nothing with.
Hindringham remained on top and went in at half-time 1-0 up.
You may also want to watch:
Hindringham continued to take the game to Holt and Stockdale and the back four dealt with any threat from the visitors. After 62 minutes Bulley broke into the Holt box only to be fouled. Forge stepped up and slotted home the resulting penalty. Hindringham retained the ball well and were able to keep Holt at bay.
Hindringham are away at Caister this weekend, meet Con Club 11.45am.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall