Calamity day for Hindringham
Wymondham 7, Hindringham 0
FOOTBALL: Hindringham travelled for their first league game in over seven weeks after defeating Wymondham in November and were in confident mood. They were only missing Kevin Whittred, through suspension.
Hindringham started well on a poor playing surface, looked in control but did not really create any openings for their strikers.
Then five minutes from half-time they hit the self-destruct button and gifted Wymondham two soft goals.
In the second half everything went wrong and they conceded five more soft goals.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Marcus Oliver said afterwards: “We have to learn to battle for everything. Once we went 1-0 down our heads went down and it was game over.
“I have never been involved in a match when everything went wrong and not one player stood out.
- 1 'A soft spot for it' - Owner of WaffleOpolis coming back to Fakenham
- 2 Boy, 13, praised after rescuing railway sign from river
- 3 Dragons and dinosaurs to feature at new adventure trail opening in Norfolk
- 4 It's coming home - via the third exit! Roundabouts get England makeover
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Town's flower display blooms back to life
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 10 Concerns as Delta variant fuels rise in Norfolk Covid cases
“We could not put two passes together and could not clear our lines. We must now step our game up and start digging in together for the rest of the season.”
On Saturday, Hindringham – bottom of the table, one of three clubs on eight points – visit Holt, 2pm kick-off.