Calamity day for Hindringham
Wymondham 7, Hindringham 0
FOOTBALL: Hindringham travelled for their first league game in over seven weeks after defeating Wymondham in November and were in confident mood. They were only missing Kevin Whittred, through suspension.
Hindringham started well on a poor playing surface, looked in control but did not really create any openings for their strikers.
Then five minutes from half-time they hit the self-destruct button and gifted Wymondham two soft goals.
In the second half everything went wrong and they conceded five more soft goals.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Marcus Oliver said afterwards: “We have to learn to battle for everything. Once we went 1-0 down our heads went down and it was game over.
“I have never been involved in a match when everything went wrong and not one player stood out.
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 3 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 6 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed
“We could not put two passes together and could not clear our lines. We must now step our game up and start digging in together for the rest of the season.”
On Saturday, Hindringham – bottom of the table, one of three clubs on eight points – visit Holt, 2pm kick-off.