Carter Cup final for Fakenham Cricket Club
Fakenham Cricket Club supporters will be heading for Manor Park, Horsford on Sunday for the final of the Bob Carter Cup.They will play Horsford for the prestigious trophy, hoping to add a bit of glory to a league season which sees them in the bottom three of the EAPL, while their opponents, with home advantage, are fourth.
Fakenham Cricket Club supporters will be heading for Manor Park, Horsford on Sunday for the final of the Bob Carter Cup.
They will play Horsford for the prestigious trophy, hoping to add a bit of glory to a league season which sees them in the bottom three of the EAPL, while their opponents, with home advantage, are fourth.
Fakenham were thwarted by rain on Saturday as they battled to improve their league position against Clacton, and closed the points gap slightly on their fourth-bottom visitors.
Fakenham batted first and recovered from 120 for five - batsmen again failing to build on good starts - to post 224 for six from 60 overs. Ben Harvey (57no) and skipper Sean Cooper (42) the foundations to the recovery.
You may also want to watch:
Only 44 overs were possibly in Clacton's reply, in which they did not lose a wicket with openers Ben Foakes hitting 82 and Ben France 55 in 152 for nought.
Ahead of Saturday's league trip to mid-table Burwell, Fakenham are 21 points better off than bottom club Halstead, have four more than Norwich and are 12 points adrift of Clacton with six matches left in the season.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
Fakenham (9pts) drew with Clacton-on-Sea (7) at Fakenham.
Fakenham: L Findlay run out 21, S Rodrigo c Foakes b M Comber 13, G Wijekoon c Sheikh b Comber 13, S Gray c Coyle b Foakes 29, P Gray b Sheikh 27, B Harvey not out 57, S Cooper c Masekela b Sheikh 42, J Pipkin not out 13; extras 9. Total (6 wkts, 60 overs) 224. Bowling: B France 18-1-66-0, M Comber 11-2-37-2, M Foakes 7-0-25-1, L Masekela 12-3-46-0, I Sheikh 12-0-47-2.
Clacton-on-Sea: B France not out 55, B Foakes not out 82; extras 15. Total (0 wkts, 44 overs) 152. Total 152. Bowling: G Wijekoon 11-3-27-0, 10-3-26-0, J Pipkin 7-0-29-0, S Cooper 7-1-21-0, S Rodrigo 4-0-12-0, T Hood 5-1-22-0.
Fakenham's Norfolk Alliance Division Two side moved above their derby hosts Dereham after handing out a 10-wicket thrashing. Dereham were bowled out for just 62 with Matthew Burton claiming four for 27.
On Saturday, Fakenham entertain a Mattishall side which leads the section by a massive 74 points.
In West Norfolk League Division Two, Fakenham made 145 to the Creakes' 157 for eight. In Division Four, Fakenham made 141 to Hillington A's 171.