Case of wait and see for Norfolk Senior Cup hopefuls Fakenham Town
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town will be hoping it is a case of third time lucky on Tuesday when they look to face Gorleston in the Norfolk Senior Cup, writes Tony Miles.
The Ghosts were all set to travel to Emerald Park on Saturday, but with that being called off at 5pm on Friday after a pitch inspection, it meant a Tuesday trip instead.
The surface, however, was again deemed unplayable after a mid-afternoon inspection, and the two teams will have to wait before getting down to business on December 8.
This weekend, it’s a return to league duties for Robbie Harris’ Ghosts with Long Melford the visitors to Clipbush Park for a 3pm kick-off.
A 3-1 Halloween defeat, with the goal that day scored by Matt Gilchrist, will still be fresh in Ghosts’ minds and dreams of getting a winning sequence going will be running high in the camp, with things still tight at the foot of the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division table.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere on Saturday, Fakenham’s reserves travel to South Walsham (2pm).
The under-18s were due to face Sheringham in a Thurlow Nunn Youth League North Division fixture last night, as they look to make up ground on top placed Easton & Otley College. Sheringham, meanwhile, are in turn right on The young Ghosts’ heels.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 10 Council leader accused of operating 'small cabal'
There was no fixture for Fakenham Town’s ladies at the weekend, but they welcome Mulbarton Belles to Clipbush Park in the league on Sunday (2pm).
n The Ghosts are once again renewing their plea for more helpers behind the scenes.
There are opportunities for press and media assistants to help with the club’s online and in-print promotion.
Press officer Miles can be contacted on 07899 057877.