Chestney in national final
BOWLS: In the National Zone Singles Final, Fakenham Gallow’s Jamie Chestney played Tim Palmer of Norfolk Bowling Club at Dereham IBC and played very well to beat his opponent 20 shots to eight. Chestney now plays in the All-England National Singles Finals.
The Gallow Men’s fours rink of Sam King, Neil Moulton, Paul Shackcloth and Richard Mason lost the zone final to a Norfolk BC rink skipped by Wayne Willgress.
At last the Gallow Men’s A team can celebrate their first win of the season. They beat Lakeside A at home, 94 shots to 70 (6-1).
D Taney, T Beck, W Graver, R Mason won 23-12. L Seppings, S King, D Vaughan, P Shackcloth won 31-21. N Moulton, D Cawthorne, S Lowe, J Chestney won 24-18. D Webb, A Walton, M Starkey, M Riches lost 19-16.
At the Gallow Club on Sunday, Norfolk County Under-25 played Cambridge in the Eastern Counties Double Rinks League and won the match.
You may also want to watch:
The rink skipped by Jake Willgress won by several shots and the rink with Shaun Savory, Danny Cawthorne and Sam King from Gallow drew 18 shots each.
This was Cawthorne’s first game for the county and he played very well. The match was well supported.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 8 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 9 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears