Chestney in national final
BOWLS: In the National Zone Singles Final, Fakenham Gallow’s Jamie Chestney played Tim Palmer of Norfolk Bowling Club at Dereham IBC and played very well to beat his opponent 20 shots to eight. Chestney now plays in the All-England National Singles Finals.
The Gallow Men’s fours rink of Sam King, Neil Moulton, Paul Shackcloth and Richard Mason lost the zone final to a Norfolk BC rink skipped by Wayne Willgress.
At last the Gallow Men’s A team can celebrate their first win of the season. They beat Lakeside A at home, 94 shots to 70 (6-1).
D Taney, T Beck, W Graver, R Mason won 23-12. L Seppings, S King, D Vaughan, P Shackcloth won 31-21. N Moulton, D Cawthorne, S Lowe, J Chestney won 24-18. D Webb, A Walton, M Starkey, M Riches lost 19-16.
At the Gallow Club on Sunday, Norfolk County Under-25 played Cambridge in the Eastern Counties Double Rinks League and won the match.
You may also want to watch:
The rink skipped by Jake Willgress won by several shots and the rink with Shaun Savory, Danny Cawthorne and Sam King from Gallow drew 18 shots each.
This was Cawthorne’s first game for the county and he played very well. The match was well supported.
- 1 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 2 Town faces more disruption after resurfacing fails
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 7 Dino park launches at-home activities for children
- 8 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 9 Walsingham Pilgrimage planning 'restricted' return
- 10 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak