Chestney in national final
BOWLS: In the National Zone Singles Final, Fakenham Gallow’s Jamie Chestney played Tim Palmer of Norfolk Bowling Club at Dereham IBC and played very well to beat his opponent 20 shots to eight. Chestney now plays in the All-England National Singles Finals.
The Gallow Men’s fours rink of Sam King, Neil Moulton, Paul Shackcloth and Richard Mason lost the zone final to a Norfolk BC rink skipped by Wayne Willgress.
At last the Gallow Men’s A team can celebrate their first win of the season. They beat Lakeside A at home, 94 shots to 70 (6-1).
D Taney, T Beck, W Graver, R Mason won 23-12. L Seppings, S King, D Vaughan, P Shackcloth won 31-21. N Moulton, D Cawthorne, S Lowe, J Chestney won 24-18. D Webb, A Walton, M Starkey, M Riches lost 19-16.
At the Gallow Club on Sunday, Norfolk County Under-25 played Cambridge in the Eastern Counties Double Rinks League and won the match.
You may also want to watch:
The rink skipped by Jake Willgress won by several shots and the rink with Shaun Savory, Danny Cawthorne and Sam King from Gallow drew 18 shots each.
This was Cawthorne’s first game for the county and he played very well. The match was well supported.
- 1 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona
- 2 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 3 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 4 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 5 'Please, please, please support local' - Landlords' plea for support when lockdown ends
- 6 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub
- 7 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 10 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood