Clubs back in action Saturday
Fakenham Town, without a game at the weekend, return to action on Saturday with a trip to Godmanchester Rovers who are ninth in the Ridgeons First Division.
The Ghosts are third-bottom but will be looking to carry on the fine form they showed against promotion certainties Gorleston two weeks ago. Fakenham and Godmanchester in early October drew 1-1 at Clipbush Park.
Fakenham Reserves, also without a weekend game, on Saturday travel to Mattishall Reserves in Anglian Combination Division Four (2.30pm ko).
It was as you were in the top two divisions of the Anglian Combination on Saturday.
There were no games because the date had been left free to accommodate the FA Inter-League Cup preliminary round clash against the Nottingham Senior League at Fakenham Town.
But the visitors pulled out of the competition and the Anglian Combination awarded a bye to the first round where they are due to play the Lincolnshire League away on a date to be confirmed.
That meant Wells were left to draw breath in Division One, already promoted and nine points clear of second club Wymondham from a game less.
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast to pass over Norfolk
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 4 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Community groups call on people to get involved with riverside day
- 7 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 10 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
Hindringham have battled their way off the bottom to fourth bottom, with three more points than Corton from the same number of games, ten more than Poringland, who have a game in hand, and 16 more than Bungay who have played a game more.
On Saturday, Wells travel to Horsford (2.30pm ko) while Hindringham entertain Stalham (1.45pm).