Clubs back in action Saturday
Fakenham Town, without a game at the weekend, return to action on Saturday with a trip to Godmanchester Rovers who are ninth in the Ridgeons First Division.
The Ghosts are third-bottom but will be looking to carry on the fine form they showed against promotion certainties Gorleston two weeks ago. Fakenham and Godmanchester in early October drew 1-1 at Clipbush Park.
Fakenham Reserves, also without a weekend game, on Saturday travel to Mattishall Reserves in Anglian Combination Division Four (2.30pm ko).
It was as you were in the top two divisions of the Anglian Combination on Saturday.
There were no games because the date had been left free to accommodate the FA Inter-League Cup preliminary round clash against the Nottingham Senior League at Fakenham Town.
You may also want to watch:
But the visitors pulled out of the competition and the Anglian Combination awarded a bye to the first round where they are due to play the Lincolnshire League away on a date to be confirmed.
That meant Wells were left to draw breath in Division One, already promoted and nine points clear of second club Wymondham from a game less.
- 1 'It is heartbreaking' - Landlord of 'wet-led' pub that still can't open
- 2 Brilliant light display in memory of late wife brightens up Christmas
- 3 Fakenham's clash with Hashtag Utd is 'biggest game in years'
- 4 Firefighters called to chimney blaze in Norfolk village
- 5 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 6 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 7 'I am devastated' - Mum of three has Morrison card hacked
- 8 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 9 New town bench divides opinion
- 10 Pedestrian in hospital after crash involving van
Hindringham have battled their way off the bottom to fourth bottom, with three more points than Corton from the same number of games, ten more than Poringland, who have a game in hand, and 16 more than Bungay who have played a game more.
On Saturday, Wells travel to Horsford (2.30pm ko) while Hindringham entertain Stalham (1.45pm).