Gallow Bowls Junior CoachingTHE new season of junior coaching has begun and arrangements are being made to enter the experienced junior players into various county competitions.
Gallow Bowls Junior Coaching
THE new season of junior coaching has begun and arrangements are being made to enter the experienced junior players into various county competitions.
With extra rink and coaching facilities there will now be scope to coach additional young people. New members are always welcome, as is a return by any of the juniors from earlier years who would like to return to the game.
Coaching sessions are on Friday afternoons from 4.15-5.45pm. The session costs �1.50 and all equipment is provided.
You may also want to watch:
Try winter evening bowls for a few weeks and see how it suits you. Just turn up or ring Fakenham Sports Centre 01328 862867.
The County Indoor Bowls League has started and Gallow men's teams have started with wins.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
The A team travelled to Browston Hall and with several players not available came away winning five points to two, 87 shots to 75 with veteran Geoffrey Riches in the team, and he played very well.
D Rogers, J Piercy, S Lowe, M Riches won 37-8. T Beck, J Wright, V Hudson, R Mason won 22-18. L Seppings, D Bollowtyne, S King, P Shackcloth lost 12-23. M Harvey, G Riches, M Starkey, M King lost 15-26.
Gallow B played against Norfolk Bowling Club C at home and won 5.5-1.5, 74-68.
M Rayner, D Cawthorne, H Kirby, D Vaughan won 26-13. R High, C Walters, J Wilkinson, C Whiteside won 21-16. T Anderson, R Bettinson, B Barques, G Wright drew 16-16. I Routh, P Chumbley, A Pearson, K Mallett lost 11-23.