Gallow Bowls Junior CoachingTHE new season of junior coaching has begun and arrangements are being made to enter the experienced junior players into various county competitions.
Gallow Bowls Junior Coaching
THE new season of junior coaching has begun and arrangements are being made to enter the experienced junior players into various county competitions.
With extra rink and coaching facilities there will now be scope to coach additional young people. New members are always welcome, as is a return by any of the juniors from earlier years who would like to return to the game.
Coaching sessions are on Friday afternoons from 4.15-5.45pm. The session costs �1.50 and all equipment is provided.
You may also want to watch:
Try winter evening bowls for a few weeks and see how it suits you. Just turn up or ring Fakenham Sports Centre 01328 862867.
The County Indoor Bowls League has started and Gallow men's teams have started with wins.
- 1 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 2 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 3 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 4 Popular former mechanic and town councillor dies aged 88
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight
The A team travelled to Browston Hall and with several players not available came away winning five points to two, 87 shots to 75 with veteran Geoffrey Riches in the team, and he played very well.
D Rogers, J Piercy, S Lowe, M Riches won 37-8. T Beck, J Wright, V Hudson, R Mason won 22-18. L Seppings, D Bollowtyne, S King, P Shackcloth lost 12-23. M Harvey, G Riches, M Starkey, M King lost 15-26.
Gallow B played against Norfolk Bowling Club C at home and won 5.5-1.5, 74-68.
M Rayner, D Cawthorne, H Kirby, D Vaughan won 26-13. R High, C Walters, J Wilkinson, C Whiteside won 21-16. T Anderson, R Bettinson, B Barques, G Wright drew 16-16. I Routh, P Chumbley, A Pearson, K Mallett lost 11-23.