Gallow Bowls Junior CoachingTHE new season of junior coaching has begun and arrangements are being made to enter the experienced junior players into various county competitions.
Gallow Bowls Junior Coaching
THE new season of junior coaching has begun and arrangements are being made to enter the experienced junior players into various county competitions.
With extra rink and coaching facilities there will now be scope to coach additional young people. New members are always welcome, as is a return by any of the juniors from earlier years who would like to return to the game.
Coaching sessions are on Friday afternoons from 4.15-5.45pm. The session costs �1.50 and all equipment is provided.
Try winter evening bowls for a few weeks and see how it suits you. Just turn up or ring Fakenham Sports Centre 01328 862867.
The County Indoor Bowls League has started and Gallow men's teams have started with wins.
- 1 PICTURES: Household Cavalry enjoys annual trip to Holkham beach
- 2 WATCH: Car becomes engulfed in flames at side of Norfolk road
- 3 Business offers school uniform payment plan as living costs spiral
- 4 Mayor officially opens hotel 13 years after last stay
- 5 Plan for dog walking meadow prompts road safety fears
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Eyesore trailers still towering over gardens one month on
- 8 Norfolk MP quits government role as prime minister clings to power
- 9 New film studio planned for Norfolk's former nuclear bomber base
- 10 Heatwave to hit Norfolk next week - with temperatures of 30C every day
The A team travelled to Browston Hall and with several players not available came away winning five points to two, 87 shots to 75 with veteran Geoffrey Riches in the team, and he played very well.
D Rogers, J Piercy, S Lowe, M Riches won 37-8. T Beck, J Wright, V Hudson, R Mason won 22-18. L Seppings, D Bollowtyne, S King, P Shackcloth lost 12-23. M Harvey, G Riches, M Starkey, M King lost 15-26.
Gallow B played against Norfolk Bowling Club C at home and won 5.5-1.5, 74-68.
M Rayner, D Cawthorne, H Kirby, D Vaughan won 26-13. R High, C Walters, J Wilkinson, C Whiteside won 21-16. T Anderson, R Bettinson, B Barques, G Wright drew 16-16. I Routh, P Chumbley, A Pearson, K Mallett lost 11-23.