Coaching put to good use
RUGBY: Fakenham RUFC hosted a mini-rugby fixture on Sunday, which was a great success.
Teams came from Swaffham, Broadland-Great Yarmouth, Watton and Fakenham clubs.
Children took part in training and games with all the enjoying their matches in glorious sunshine. It was great to see some children from Years 3 and 4 from Wells Primary School join in and play their first fixture for Fakenham.
The children had coaching for four weeks at their school from a Fakenham player Joe Bane-Young who was working for the Schools Sports Partnership.
They took to the skills required to play tag rugby – a minimal contact form of the game.
You may also want to watch:
The club would welcome any new starters and are training at home at Fakenham Rugby Club on Sunday, April 10.
If you are a school and would like to book sessions with Joe for after the Easter holidays, then phone Alan Young 07859 806130 or 01328 855285 to leave a message.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission