Coaching put to good use
RUGBY: Fakenham RUFC hosted a mini-rugby fixture on Sunday, which was a great success.
Teams came from Swaffham, Broadland-Great Yarmouth, Watton and Fakenham clubs.
Children took part in training and games with all the enjoying their matches in glorious sunshine. It was great to see some children from Years 3 and 4 from Wells Primary School join in and play their first fixture for Fakenham.
The children had coaching for four weeks at their school from a Fakenham player Joe Bane-Young who was working for the Schools Sports Partnership.
They took to the skills required to play tag rugby – a minimal contact form of the game.
You may also want to watch:
The club would welcome any new starters and are training at home at Fakenham Rugby Club on Sunday, April 10.
If you are a school and would like to book sessions with Joe for after the Easter holidays, then phone Alan Young 07859 806130 or 01328 855285 to leave a message.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 5 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'