Coaching put to good use
RUGBY: Fakenham RUFC hosted a mini-rugby fixture on Sunday, which was a great success.
Teams came from Swaffham, Broadland-Great Yarmouth, Watton and Fakenham clubs.
Children took part in training and games with all the enjoying their matches in glorious sunshine. It was great to see some children from Years 3 and 4 from Wells Primary School join in and play their first fixture for Fakenham.
The children had coaching for four weeks at their school from a Fakenham player Joe Bane-Young who was working for the Schools Sports Partnership.
They took to the skills required to play tag rugby – a minimal contact form of the game.
You may also want to watch:
The club would welcome any new starters and are training at home at Fakenham Rugby Club on Sunday, April 10.
If you are a school and would like to book sessions with Joe for after the Easter holidays, then phone Alan Young 07859 806130 or 01328 855285 to leave a message.
- 1 'It is heartbreaking' - Landlord of 'wet-led' pub that still can't open
- 2 Brilliant light display in memory of late wife brightens up Christmas
- 3 Fakenham's clash with Hashtag Utd is 'biggest game in years'
- 4 Firefighters called to chimney blaze in Norfolk village
- 5 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 6 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 7 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 8 'I am devastated' - Mum of three has Morrison card hacked
- 9 New town bench divides opinion
- 10 Pedestrian in hospital after crash involving van