Cricket festival big hit with schools
Fakenham Cricket Club hosted the Fakenham and Wells Cluster Cricket Festival.Highfield Lawn groundsman Mick Annand and his helpers had prepared four immaculate wickets for the pupils to play on.
Fakenham Cricket Club hosted the Fakenham and Wells Cluster Cricket Festival.
Highfield Lawn groundsman Mick Annand and his helpers had prepared four immaculate wickets for the pupils to play on.
The cricket club provided umpires and young leaders from the school were used to help officiate. The afternoon was organised by Fakenham High School's sports co-ordinator, Matthew Whitaker.
Eight schools took part in total: Astley, Hindringham, Sculthorpe, Rudham, West Raynham, Langham, Burnham Market and Little Snoring.
You may also want to watch:
Lots of runs were scored, and there was some excellent bowling and fielding.
Richard Jefferson from the Friends of Norfolk Youth Cricket was introduced during the presentation ceremony. He presented every school attending with four Kwik Cricket balls.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 7 Boss looks to improve security at Fakenham business park
- 8 Trustee reflects on how endangered charity saved his life
- 9 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead
- 10 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
The three schools qualifying for the next stage of the competition were Astley, Burnham Market and Langham. This will take place at the same venue on June 10.