Cricket festival big hit with schools
Fakenham Cricket Club hosted the Fakenham and Wells Cluster Cricket Festival.Highfield Lawn groundsman Mick Annand and his helpers had prepared four immaculate wickets for the pupils to play on.
Fakenham Cricket Club hosted the Fakenham and Wells Cluster Cricket Festival.
Highfield Lawn groundsman Mick Annand and his helpers had prepared four immaculate wickets for the pupils to play on.
The cricket club provided umpires and young leaders from the school were used to help officiate. The afternoon was organised by Fakenham High School's sports co-ordinator, Matthew Whitaker.
Eight schools took part in total: Astley, Hindringham, Sculthorpe, Rudham, West Raynham, Langham, Burnham Market and Little Snoring.
Lots of runs were scored, and there was some excellent bowling and fielding.
Richard Jefferson from the Friends of Norfolk Youth Cricket was introduced during the presentation ceremony. He presented every school attending with four Kwik Cricket balls.
- 1 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
- 4 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 5 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 6 5 maize mazes you can visit in Norfolk this summer
- 7 Like 'salt in the wound' - Councillor laments wind farm move
- 8 Outdoor cinema returning to estate with films including Grease and Encanto
- 9 Headteacher set to depart school after 'proud' 12 years
- 10 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
The three schools qualifying for the next stage of the competition were Astley, Burnham Market and Langham. This will take place at the same venue on June 10.