Cricketers launch golf event
Fakenham Cricket Club's first ever golf day was organised by Kevin Webb.The day was very well supported with 10 teams of four players.The winning team with a score of 94 points was Mick Cheetham, Tom Hooper, Keegan de Ridder and Kevin Webb.
Fakenham Cricket Club's first ever golf day was organised by Kevin Webb.
The day was very well supported with 10 teams of four players.
The winning team with a score of 94 points was Mick Cheetham, Tom Hooper, Keegan de Ridder and Kevin Webb. Runners-up with 81 points was the team of Ernie Smith, Steve Smith, Ian Seed and James Ryan.
There were also individual prizes of longest drive on the 10th won by Chris Glossop and nearest to the pin on the 18th won by John Lee.
You may also want to watch:
Funds raised will go to assist with developing the cricket club's ever-growing youth section.
It is anticipated that this will become an annual event to be held at the end of each season.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
The cricket club thanked Mr B Futter, Mr G Cocker and the staff at Fakenham Golf Club for their valuable support