Cricketers launch golf event
Fakenham Cricket Club's first ever golf day was organised by Kevin Webb.The day was very well supported with 10 teams of four players.The winning team with a score of 94 points was Mick Cheetham, Tom Hooper, Keegan de Ridder and Kevin Webb.
Fakenham Cricket Club's first ever golf day was organised by Kevin Webb.
The day was very well supported with 10 teams of four players.
The winning team with a score of 94 points was Mick Cheetham, Tom Hooper, Keegan de Ridder and Kevin Webb. Runners-up with 81 points was the team of Ernie Smith, Steve Smith, Ian Seed and James Ryan.
There were also individual prizes of longest drive on the 10th won by Chris Glossop and nearest to the pin on the 18th won by John Lee.
Funds raised will go to assist with developing the cricket club's ever-growing youth section.
It is anticipated that this will become an annual event to be held at the end of each season.
- 1 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 Yard sale exceeds expectation to raise £1,000 for Ukraine appeal
- 4 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 5 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 'Plenty of effort and hard work' - new Fakenham mayor's pledge to town
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 10 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
The cricket club thanked Mr B Futter, Mr G Cocker and the staff at Fakenham Golf Club for their valuable support