Crown Fire League
Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk LeagueMOST clubs were engaged in the third round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league's premier cup competition.
Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League
MOST clubs were engaged in the third round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league's premier cup competition.
The biggest upsets of the day were caused by Bradenham Wanderers Reserves who defeated the Division One leaders Dereham Town A 3-1; by Breckland Wanderers from Division Four who were 2-1 home winners over Hingham Athletic; by second division leaders Thetford Rovers Reserves who beat Cockers by the odd goal of five; and by Shropham United who won 1-0 at home to Swaffham Town A.
Of the other first division teams, Gressenhall beat Tacolneston by the only goal of the game while Dickleburgh won 6-0 at Thurton and Ashby.
In all-first division matches, Narborough beat Shipdham 3-1, Cranworth won 8-2 at Yaxham and Bridgham United went one better with a 9-2 success at Rockland United.
Success for second division clubs came from Bunwell who were 4-2 home winners over Stoke Ferry and West End who won 3-2 at Morley Village after extra-time.
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast to pass over Norfolk
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 4 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Community groups call on people to get involved with riverside day
- 7 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 10 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
In matches between teams from the bottom two divisions, Rampant Horse did well to beat Division Three pacemakers Castle Acre Swifts 1-0 away while Northwold S&SC were held 1-1 by Great Cressingham before eventually winning 4-1 on penalties. Shipdham Reserves beat Scarning United 7-4 and Sporle were 4-1 home winners over Hindolveston.
In Division Two, Hingham Athletic Reserves recorded their first win of the season with a 3-2 home victory over Wymondham Town A while Necton Reserves were 5-0 winners at Saham Toney Reserves.
In Division Three, Hethersett Athletic continued their progress up the table with a 6-3 home win over Bawdeswell and Gressenhall Reserves won by the odd goal of five at Wendling.
The Division Four leaders Splitz United maintained their 100 per cent record with a 2-0 win at Methwold Rovers, Colkirk secured their first win with a 2-1 victory over Shropham United Reserves and Narborough Reserves won 3-1 at bottom club Beetley United. Tools & services.