Crown Fire League
Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk LeagueMOST clubs were engaged in the third round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league's premier cup competition.
Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League
MOST clubs were engaged in the third round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league's premier cup competition.
The biggest upsets of the day were caused by Bradenham Wanderers Reserves who defeated the Division One leaders Dereham Town A 3-1; by Breckland Wanderers from Division Four who were 2-1 home winners over Hingham Athletic; by second division leaders Thetford Rovers Reserves who beat Cockers by the odd goal of five; and by Shropham United who won 1-0 at home to Swaffham Town A.
Of the other first division teams, Gressenhall beat Tacolneston by the only goal of the game while Dickleburgh won 6-0 at Thurton and Ashby.
You may also want to watch:
In all-first division matches, Narborough beat Shipdham 3-1, Cranworth won 8-2 at Yaxham and Bridgham United went one better with a 9-2 success at Rockland United.
Success for second division clubs came from Bunwell who were 4-2 home winners over Stoke Ferry and West End who won 3-2 at Morley Village after extra-time.
- 1 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 2 Explained: What do the latest figures tell us about Norfolk’s likely Covid tier?
- 3 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 4 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona
- 7 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub
- 8 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 9 'Please, please, please support local' - Landlords' plea for support when lockdown ends
- 10 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
In matches between teams from the bottom two divisions, Rampant Horse did well to beat Division Three pacemakers Castle Acre Swifts 1-0 away while Northwold S&SC were held 1-1 by Great Cressingham before eventually winning 4-1 on penalties. Shipdham Reserves beat Scarning United 7-4 and Sporle were 4-1 home winners over Hindolveston.
In Division Two, Hingham Athletic Reserves recorded their first win of the season with a 3-2 home victory over Wymondham Town A while Necton Reserves were 5-0 winners at Saham Toney Reserves.
In Division Three, Hethersett Athletic continued their progress up the table with a 6-3 home win over Bawdeswell and Gressenhall Reserves won by the odd goal of five at Wendling.
The Division Four leaders Splitz United maintained their 100 per cent record with a 2-0 win at Methwold Rovers, Colkirk secured their first win with a 2-1 victory over Shropham United Reserves and Narborough Reserves won 3-1 at bottom club Beetley United. Tools & services.