Cruel defeat for Wells
Corton 2, Wells Town 1WELLS had at least a point snatched away in the fifth minute of time added on.The Seasiders battled from start to finish but returned home pointless.
Corton 2, Wells Town 1
WELLS had at least a point snatched away in the fifth minute of time added on.
The Seasiders battled from start to finish but returned home pointless. They went ahead in the first half when Craig East powered home a free-kick.
The home side were reduced to long-range efforts as they pushed forward in search of an equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Corton found it on the hour when Molyneux palmed away a strong shot. As the Wells keeper tried to smother the ball he appeared to be held back by a Corton player, allowing the forward to force the ball home.
The match was heading towards a draw with both sides vainly searching for a goal when Corton found the winner well into time added on, to send Wells home pointless.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 2 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 3 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 4 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 7 Nelson's church to feature concerts spanning Bach to Beyoncé
- 8 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 9 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Wells Town host Scole United on Saturday (kick-off 2.30pm).