Cruel defeat for Wells
Corton 2, Wells Town 1WELLS had at least a point snatched away in the fifth minute of time added on.The Seasiders battled from start to finish but returned home pointless.
Corton 2, Wells Town 1
WELLS had at least a point snatched away in the fifth minute of time added on.
The Seasiders battled from start to finish but returned home pointless. They went ahead in the first half when Craig East powered home a free-kick.
The home side were reduced to long-range efforts as they pushed forward in search of an equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Corton found it on the hour when Molyneux palmed away a strong shot. As the Wells keeper tried to smother the ball he appeared to be held back by a Corton player, allowing the forward to force the ball home.
The match was heading towards a draw with both sides vainly searching for a goal when Corton found the winner well into time added on, to send Wells home pointless.
- 1 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 2 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 3 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 4 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 6 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 7 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand
Wells Town host Scole United on Saturday (kick-off 2.30pm).