Cup KO for Seasiders
Blofield United 4, Wells Town 1THE Seasiders played this senior Knock Out Cup match with six first team regulars missing from the squad.Blofield forced two corners from the start, which Wells cleared,while at the other end Grocott collected a pin-point pass from Wick and slipped the ball under Stone to give Wells the advantage.
Blofield United 4, Wells Town 1
THE Seasiders played this senior Knock Out Cup match with six first team regulars missing from the squad.
Blofield forced two corners from the start, which Wells cleared,while at the other end Grocott collected a pin-point pass from Wick and slipped the ball under Stone to give Wells the advantage.
Within minutes Blofield were level with Durrant slotting home past Armiger. Brown headed straight into Armiger's arms when well placed.
You may also want to watch:
Blofield went ahead on 31 minutes when Durrant's free-kick flew past Armiger.
Cawston saw a good header go wide of Stone's goal as Wells tried to get back on terms. Grocott hit Stone's upright following good play from the flanks.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 3 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 4 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 5 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 8 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
Blofield killed off the contest on 74 minutes when Knell forced his way into the box to score. Durrent added his third on 80 minutes.
Hindringham Reserves 2, Wells Town Reserves 2
HINDRINGHAM broke the deadlock when the Seasiders failed to clear a loose ball. Wells equalised straight after the break when Matty Somerton forced the ball home when the keeper could only parry a good shot.
Hindringham went ahead again after Wells' defence failed to clear. Within minutes off coming off the bench Finch blasted home the equaliser from an acute angle.