Cup mix for Fakenham Town
FAKENHAM Town take their search for a first league win to high-flying Godmanchester on SaturdayFakenham 0, March 1Tuesday night's evenly-contested Ridgeons One KO Cup tie, played at pace, was decided by a looping 82nd minute header from the Hares' James MacCullum.
FAKENHAM Town take their search for a first league win to high-flying Godmanchester on Saturday
Fakenham 0, March 1
Tuesday night's evenly-contested Ridgeons One KO Cup tie, played at pace, was decided by a looping 82nd minute header from the Hares' James MacCullum.
Again the Ghosts paid the price for missing chances, often looking vulnerable to swift counter-attacks.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Town 3, Stalham Town 2
After an abject first half, seven-times trophy winners the Ghosts drew on their Norfolk Senior Cup pride with a second-half revival which took them into the hat for the fourth round draw.
- 1 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 5 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 6 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 7 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 8 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 9 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 10 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
Their faces looked as red as their Anglian Combination Division One opponents' shirts at the break. Wasteful finishing and poor midfield and defensive work was punished by strikes from Peter Skivington and Carl Bailey for Stalham to lead 2-0.
Managers Mark King and Stuart Woodhouse got the response their dressing room talk deserved. With the wind at their backs the Ghosts at last played Ridgeons-standard football with Julian Delicata, Karl Pask and Ben Darby producing delightful combinations.
After almost constant Fakenham pressure, Darby calmly shot his side back into the tie after 56 minutes. On the hour mark Pask's low ball from the right was rifled home by Delicata and the winner came on 75 minutes when Pask's inch-perfect through ball set Darby away for a confident finish.
In the final moments Ghosts' keeper Daniel Stockdale blocked an effort which would have forced a replay.
Fakenham: Stockdale, Whittred, A Woodhouse, Tagg, Neal, Cole (Bamford 67), Haynes (Betts 78), Pask, Darby, Delicata, Hooks. Subs not used: B Woodhouse, King, Goff.