Diss-appointment at Clipbush Park
Fakenham Town 1, Diss Town 4THE Ghosts entertained Diss Town on Saturday following a gruelling midweek cup game against Dereham and got no reward. Managers King and Woodhouse were able to field an unchanged starting side, with Martin Fenwick replacing Carl Neal on the subs' bench.
Fakenham Town 1, Diss Town 4
THE Ghosts entertained Diss Town on Saturday following a gruelling midweek cup game against Dereham and got no reward.
Managers King and Woodhouse were able to field an unchanged starting side, with Martin Fenwick replacing Carl Neal on the subs' bench.
Diss took a two-goal advantage into the second half, courtesy of a double strike from captain Partridge.
You may also want to watch:
He first lobbed home keeper Stockdale in the fifth minute, who managed to get a hand to it, then followed up with a low shot just inside the post in the 22nd minute when he was first to latch on to a long clearance from keeper Norrow.
Fakenham's efforts were confined to Darby pulling a shot across the face of goal early on then seeing his close-range shot hacked off the line by defender Cussons.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
Diss keeper Norrow then pulled off a fine double save from Pask's free-kick followed up by Delicata's close-range effort. Diss had a 'goal' disallowed on the stroke of half time for off side.
Fakenham pulled a goal back in the 65th minute. Mark Betts' right-wing cross found Darby who turned his marker to fire in from close range.
However, Diss restored their two goal advantage within five minutes when substitute Wright took advantage of a slow home defence to fire in from the edge of the area.
Diss went further ahead in the 75th minute. North skipped through three challenges in the area to slide the ball home.
Fakenham Town: D Stockdale, K Whittred, A Woodhouse, N Tagg, J Bamford, K Pask, M Betts, N Haynes, B Darby, J Delicata, J Cole.
Subs: M Hooks, B Woodhouse, M Fenwick.