Diss-appointment at Clipbush Park
Fakenham Town 1, Diss Town 4THE Ghosts entertained Diss Town on Saturday following a gruelling midweek cup game against Dereham and got no reward. Managers King and Woodhouse were able to field an unchanged starting side, with Martin Fenwick replacing Carl Neal on the subs' bench.
Fakenham Town 1, Diss Town 4
THE Ghosts entertained Diss Town on Saturday following a gruelling midweek cup game against Dereham and got no reward.
Managers King and Woodhouse were able to field an unchanged starting side, with Martin Fenwick replacing Carl Neal on the subs' bench.
Diss took a two-goal advantage into the second half, courtesy of a double strike from captain Partridge.
You may also want to watch:
He first lobbed home keeper Stockdale in the fifth minute, who managed to get a hand to it, then followed up with a low shot just inside the post in the 22nd minute when he was first to latch on to a long clearance from keeper Norrow.
Fakenham's efforts were confined to Darby pulling a shot across the face of goal early on then seeing his close-range shot hacked off the line by defender Cussons.
- 1 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 5 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 6 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 7 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 8 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 9 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 10 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
Diss keeper Norrow then pulled off a fine double save from Pask's free-kick followed up by Delicata's close-range effort. Diss had a 'goal' disallowed on the stroke of half time for off side.
Fakenham pulled a goal back in the 65th minute. Mark Betts' right-wing cross found Darby who turned his marker to fire in from close range.
However, Diss restored their two goal advantage within five minutes when substitute Wright took advantage of a slow home defence to fire in from the edge of the area.
Diss went further ahead in the 75th minute. North skipped through three challenges in the area to slide the ball home.
Fakenham Town: D Stockdale, K Whittred, A Woodhouse, N Tagg, J Bamford, K Pask, M Betts, N Haynes, B Darby, J Delicata, J Cole.
Subs: M Hooks, B Woodhouse, M Fenwick.