Docking Rangers win Primary Cup
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks, King's Lynn with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory.
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks, king's Lynn with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.
Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory.
Docking deservedly took the lead inside five minutes when Chris Jenkins swept home. And they went on to enjoy the better of the first half action.
However, the game couldn't have been more of a contrast after the break, with Pott Row dominating and peppering the Docking goal.
You may also want to watch:
After 65 minutes Pat Grief curled a beautiful free- kick into the net from 25 yards.
Pott Row's Simon Clarke, Karl Wilkin and Lee Ballard all went agonisingly close.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 5 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 8 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 9 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 10 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
However it was Meek who ultimately showed the most composure in front of goal when he met a deep cross with a controlled first-time volley that nestled into the corner, winning the game with almost the last kick.
Docking Rangers: Curry, Thorpe (Howard 60), Preston, Leverett, King, Nelligan, Able, Meek, Ramshaw, Jenkins, Brooks. Unused subs: Ramshaw, Shackcloth, Hewitt, Riches.