Docking Rangers win Primary Cup
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks, King's Lynn with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory.
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks, king's Lynn with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.
Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory.
Docking deservedly took the lead inside five minutes when Chris Jenkins swept home. And they went on to enjoy the better of the first half action.
However, the game couldn't have been more of a contrast after the break, with Pott Row dominating and peppering the Docking goal.
You may also want to watch:
After 65 minutes Pat Grief curled a beautiful free- kick into the net from 25 yards.
Pott Row's Simon Clarke, Karl Wilkin and Lee Ballard all went agonisingly close.
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 6 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 7 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 8 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
However it was Meek who ultimately showed the most composure in front of goal when he met a deep cross with a controlled first-time volley that nestled into the corner, winning the game with almost the last kick.
Docking Rangers: Curry, Thorpe (Howard 60), Preston, Leverett, King, Nelligan, Able, Meek, Ramshaw, Jenkins, Brooks. Unused subs: Ramshaw, Shackcloth, Hewitt, Riches.