Docking Rangers win Primary Cup
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks, King's Lynn with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory.
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks, king's Lynn with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.
Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory.
Docking deservedly took the lead inside five minutes when Chris Jenkins swept home. And they went on to enjoy the better of the first half action.
However, the game couldn't have been more of a contrast after the break, with Pott Row dominating and peppering the Docking goal.
You may also want to watch:
After 65 minutes Pat Grief curled a beautiful free- kick into the net from 25 yards.
Pott Row's Simon Clarke, Karl Wilkin and Lee Ballard all went agonisingly close.
- 1 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 2 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 3 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 4 Source of sound that mystified village revealed to be rocket testing
- 5 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside
- 6 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 7 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 8 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 9 Voting open for students' Bluetooth device
- 10 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
However it was Meek who ultimately showed the most composure in front of goal when he met a deep cross with a controlled first-time volley that nestled into the corner, winning the game with almost the last kick.
Docking Rangers: Curry, Thorpe (Howard 60), Preston, Leverett, King, Nelligan, Able, Meek, Ramshaw, Jenkins, Brooks. Unused subs: Ramshaw, Shackcloth, Hewitt, Riches.