Docking Rangers win Primary Cup
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks, King's Lynn with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory.
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks, king's Lynn with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.
Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory.
Docking deservedly took the lead inside five minutes when Chris Jenkins swept home. And they went on to enjoy the better of the first half action.
However, the game couldn't have been more of a contrast after the break, with Pott Row dominating and peppering the Docking goal.
After 65 minutes Pat Grief curled a beautiful free- kick into the net from 25 yards.
Pott Row's Simon Clarke, Karl Wilkin and Lee Ballard all went agonisingly close.
- 1 Film studio which brought John Travolta to Norfolk shuts for good
- 2 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 3 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 4 Norfolk winery wins prestigious national award
- 5 Sparse and getting older - What the census says about north Norfolk
- 6 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 Headteacher set to depart school after 'proud' 12 years
However it was Meek who ultimately showed the most composure in front of goal when he met a deep cross with a controlled first-time volley that nestled into the corner, winning the game with almost the last kick.
Docking Rangers: Curry, Thorpe (Howard 60), Preston, Leverett, King, Nelligan, Able, Meek, Ramshaw, Jenkins, Brooks. Unused subs: Ramshaw, Shackcloth, Hewitt, Riches.