Docking Rangers win Primary Cup
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks, King's Lynn with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory.
Docking Rangers claimed the Norfolk Primary Cup at The Walks, king's Lynn with a thrilling 2-1 victory over local rivals Pott Row.
Carl Meek's volley in added time eventually sealed victory.
Docking deservedly took the lead inside five minutes when Chris Jenkins swept home. And they went on to enjoy the better of the first half action.
However, the game couldn't have been more of a contrast after the break, with Pott Row dominating and peppering the Docking goal.
You may also want to watch:
After 65 minutes Pat Grief curled a beautiful free- kick into the net from 25 yards.
Pott Row's Simon Clarke, Karl Wilkin and Lee Ballard all went agonisingly close.
- 1 'Exceptional' - Fakenham jewellers thank town for warm welcome
- 2 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 3 First baby lobsters from Wells hatchery returned to the sea
- 4 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed
- 5 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 6 Your say - Your favourite landmark in North Norfolk
- 7 Your say - Fakenham's thoughts on 'firebreak' lockdown
- 8 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 9 Fakenham Beer and Gin Festival finally set to return
- 10 Memorial match remembers former headmaster and rugby player
However it was Meek who ultimately showed the most composure in front of goal when he met a deep cross with a controlled first-time volley that nestled into the corner, winning the game with almost the last kick.
Docking Rangers: Curry, Thorpe (Howard 60), Preston, Leverett, King, Nelligan, Able, Meek, Ramshaw, Jenkins, Brooks. Unused subs: Ramshaw, Shackcloth, Hewitt, Riches.