Early try flatters to deceive
Fakenham 7, Holt 23Holt recorded their first win at Fakenham's rugby ground to complete the double over their neighbours in Eastern Counties One.The visitors took control after falling behind to an interception try in the first 10 minutes which was converted.
Fakenham 7, Holt 23
Holt recorded their first win at Fakenham's rugby ground to complete the double over their neighbours in Eastern Counties One.
The visitors took control after falling behind to an interception try in the first 10 minutes which was converted. Fakenham's side looked promising. Every player looked confident, tackling properly and initially not giving away penalties.
Two Allen penalties narrowed the gap and then a driving maul saw Child score one of his typical tries from the base of an ensuing scrum. Allen converted to make it 13-7 at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham's play had to change to see a win. Second half Holt stretched their lead when a penalty was taken quickly and Robson finished off the move and, with five minutes left, Robson sped down the wing to score (unconverted).
Fakenham's defence made it difficult for Holt to get through and a compelling display from both sets of supporters made it an exciting game.
- 1 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 2 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 3 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 4 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 5 Popular former mechanic and town councillor dies aged 88
- 6 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight
On Saturday Fakenham first team entertain table-toppers Newmarket, kick-off 2.30pm.