Early try flatters to deceive
Fakenham 7, Holt 23Holt recorded their first win at Fakenham's rugby ground to complete the double over their neighbours in Eastern Counties One.The visitors took control after falling behind to an interception try in the first 10 minutes which was converted.
Fakenham 7, Holt 23
Holt recorded their first win at Fakenham's rugby ground to complete the double over their neighbours in Eastern Counties One.
The visitors took control after falling behind to an interception try in the first 10 minutes which was converted. Fakenham's side looked promising. Every player looked confident, tackling properly and initially not giving away penalties.
Two Allen penalties narrowed the gap and then a driving maul saw Child score one of his typical tries from the base of an ensuing scrum. Allen converted to make it 13-7 at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham's play had to change to see a win. Second half Holt stretched their lead when a penalty was taken quickly and Robson finished off the move and, with five minutes left, Robson sped down the wing to score (unconverted).
Fakenham's defence made it difficult for Holt to get through and a compelling display from both sets of supporters made it an exciting game.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 7 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 10 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
On Saturday Fakenham first team entertain table-toppers Newmarket, kick-off 2.30pm.