Early try flatters to deceive
Fakenham 7, Holt 23Holt recorded their first win at Fakenham's rugby ground to complete the double over their neighbours in Eastern Counties One.The visitors took control after falling behind to an interception try in the first 10 minutes which was converted.
Fakenham 7, Holt 23
Holt recorded their first win at Fakenham's rugby ground to complete the double over their neighbours in Eastern Counties One.
The visitors took control after falling behind to an interception try in the first 10 minutes which was converted. Fakenham's side looked promising. Every player looked confident, tackling properly and initially not giving away penalties.
Two Allen penalties narrowed the gap and then a driving maul saw Child score one of his typical tries from the base of an ensuing scrum. Allen converted to make it 13-7 at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham's play had to change to see a win. Second half Holt stretched their lead when a penalty was taken quickly and Robson finished off the move and, with five minutes left, Robson sped down the wing to score (unconverted).
Fakenham's defence made it difficult for Holt to get through and a compelling display from both sets of supporters made it an exciting game.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 6 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 7 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
- 10 Roofer warns against 'Good Samaritan' scammers
On Saturday Fakenham first team entertain table-toppers Newmarket, kick-off 2.30pm.