Early try flatters to deceive
Fakenham 7, Holt 23Holt recorded their first win at Fakenham's rugby ground to complete the double over their neighbours in Eastern Counties One.The visitors took control after falling behind to an interception try in the first 10 minutes which was converted.
Fakenham 7, Holt 23
Holt recorded their first win at Fakenham's rugby ground to complete the double over their neighbours in Eastern Counties One.
The visitors took control after falling behind to an interception try in the first 10 minutes which was converted. Fakenham's side looked promising. Every player looked confident, tackling properly and initially not giving away penalties.
Two Allen penalties narrowed the gap and then a driving maul saw Child score one of his typical tries from the base of an ensuing scrum. Allen converted to make it 13-7 at half-time.
Fakenham's play had to change to see a win. Second half Holt stretched their lead when a penalty was taken quickly and Robson finished off the move and, with five minutes left, Robson sped down the wing to score (unconverted).
Fakenham's defence made it difficult for Holt to get through and a compelling display from both sets of supporters made it an exciting game.
- 1 Film studio which brought John Travolta to Norfolk shuts for good
- 2 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 3 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 4 Norfolk winery wins prestigious national award
- 5 Norfolk named among UK's best wildlife holiday spots
- 6 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 7 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
- 8 Sparse and getting older - What the census says about north Norfolk
- 9 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 10 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
On Saturday Fakenham first team entertain table-toppers Newmarket, kick-off 2.30pm.