Early try flatters to deceive
Fakenham 7, Holt 23Holt recorded their first win at Fakenham's rugby ground to complete the double over their neighbours in Eastern Counties One.The visitors took control after falling behind to an interception try in the first 10 minutes which was converted.
Fakenham 7, Holt 23
Holt recorded their first win at Fakenham's rugby ground to complete the double over their neighbours in Eastern Counties One.
The visitors took control after falling behind to an interception try in the first 10 minutes which was converted. Fakenham's side looked promising. Every player looked confident, tackling properly and initially not giving away penalties.
Two Allen penalties narrowed the gap and then a driving maul saw Child score one of his typical tries from the base of an ensuing scrum. Allen converted to make it 13-7 at half-time.
Fakenham's play had to change to see a win. Second half Holt stretched their lead when a penalty was taken quickly and Robson finished off the move and, with five minutes left, Robson sped down the wing to score (unconverted).
Fakenham's defence made it difficult for Holt to get through and a compelling display from both sets of supporters made it an exciting game.
- 1 Nurse relives crash drama as calls for road to be gritted grow
- 2 Main road through seaside town to close for five weeks
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 5 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
- 6 New special school opens doors to first students
- 7 The Floods of 1953 in Norfolk: Remembering the heroes who helped
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Canoeist Shaun chasing Paralympic dream after devastating bike crash
- 10 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
On Saturday Fakenham first team entertain table-toppers Newmarket, kick-off 2.30pm.