Evergreens out of luck
Broadland 3, Evergreens 0
EVERGREENS came up against a physical Broadland team in this fixture. Evergreens started strongly and some fluent hockey made a result look promising.
Harriet Segasby had a great chance to take an early lead but was denied by an excellent save by the Broadland keeper. Broadland then won a short corner which in turn resulted in a penalty flick after the ball took an unfortunate deflection and captain Abi White prevented the ball going over the line with her foot.
Broadland soon found the back of the net again following some unusually muddled defending from Evergreens to make it 2-0 at half-time.
Broadland continued their momentum and scored their third goal just after the break. The remainder of the second half saw plenty of end-to-end action with both teams presenting some good chances.
You may also want to watch:
Evergreens produced a good team performance and some solid defending from Sarah Pruden, Tracy Daglish and Abi White helped keep the deficit to three. Evergreens were unlucky to not get a result from this game but will aim to ensure all three points from the next fixture.
PoM: Sam Turner.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
- 10 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen