Evergreens out of luck
Broadland 3, Evergreens 0
EVERGREENS came up against a physical Broadland team in this fixture. Evergreens started strongly and some fluent hockey made a result look promising.
Harriet Segasby had a great chance to take an early lead but was denied by an excellent save by the Broadland keeper. Broadland then won a short corner which in turn resulted in a penalty flick after the ball took an unfortunate deflection and captain Abi White prevented the ball going over the line with her foot.
Broadland soon found the back of the net again following some unusually muddled defending from Evergreens to make it 2-0 at half-time.
Broadland continued their momentum and scored their third goal just after the break. The remainder of the second half saw plenty of end-to-end action with both teams presenting some good chances.
You may also want to watch:
Evergreens produced a good team performance and some solid defending from Sarah Pruden, Tracy Daglish and Abi White helped keep the deficit to three. Evergreens were unlucky to not get a result from this game but will aim to ensure all three points from the next fixture.
PoM: Sam Turner.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 10 Council leader accused of operating 'small cabal'