Evergreens out of luck
Broadland 3, Evergreens 0
EVERGREENS came up against a physical Broadland team in this fixture. Evergreens started strongly and some fluent hockey made a result look promising.
Harriet Segasby had a great chance to take an early lead but was denied by an excellent save by the Broadland keeper. Broadland then won a short corner which in turn resulted in a penalty flick after the ball took an unfortunate deflection and captain Abi White prevented the ball going over the line with her foot.
Broadland soon found the back of the net again following some unusually muddled defending from Evergreens to make it 2-0 at half-time.
Broadland continued their momentum and scored their third goal just after the break. The remainder of the second half saw plenty of end-to-end action with both teams presenting some good chances.
You may also want to watch:
Evergreens produced a good team performance and some solid defending from Sarah Pruden, Tracy Daglish and Abi White helped keep the deficit to three. Evergreens were unlucky to not get a result from this game but will aim to ensure all three points from the next fixture.
PoM: Sam Turner.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 7 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 10 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges