Evergreens out of luck
Broadland 3, Evergreens 0
EVERGREENS came up against a physical Broadland team in this fixture. Evergreens started strongly and some fluent hockey made a result look promising.
Harriet Segasby had a great chance to take an early lead but was denied by an excellent save by the Broadland keeper. Broadland then won a short corner which in turn resulted in a penalty flick after the ball took an unfortunate deflection and captain Abi White prevented the ball going over the line with her foot.
Broadland soon found the back of the net again following some unusually muddled defending from Evergreens to make it 2-0 at half-time.
Broadland continued their momentum and scored their third goal just after the break. The remainder of the second half saw plenty of end-to-end action with both teams presenting some good chances.
You may also want to watch:
Evergreens produced a good team performance and some solid defending from Sarah Pruden, Tracy Daglish and Abi White helped keep the deficit to three. Evergreens were unlucky to not get a result from this game but will aim to ensure all three points from the next fixture.
PoM: Sam Turner.
- 1 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 2 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist