Evergreens take their time
Evergreens 2, Broadland 1Having played no fixture in the previous week, Premier Division leaders Greens started this Martin and Acock Norfolk League match at Taverham a little slowly and found it difficult to settle into their usual rhythm.
Evergreens 2, Broadland 1
Having played no fixture in the previous week, Premier Division leaders Greens started this Martin and Acock Norfolk League match at Taverham a little slowly and found it difficult to settle into their usual rhythm.
Broadland looked dangerous on attack but were thwarted by the Greens' defence and keeper. Greens took the lead after a goalmouth scramble when McCourt placed the ball past the stranded keeper.
This gave Greens a boost and soon they created chances and started to produce better hockey. Broadland had to settle for counter-attacks and were awarded a short corner from which they equalised.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw the game flow from end to end and Broadland were awarded a succession of short corners which they failed to capitalise on. Greens then took control and were rewarded with a winner when Curtis thumped the ball home for a deserved victory.
Greens will be looking to continue their good season with a trip to third-placed Sprowston on Saturday (league tables on page 51.)
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
Team: Su Hoogendyk, Kerry Holl, Tracy Daglish, Sarah Pruden, Lisa Murfit, Naomi Hirst, Sarah Curtis, Kathryn Gordon, Tasha Bates, Rose McCourt, Louise White, Stacy Howarth.