Fakenham A duo share all 10 wickets
With Keegan Monahan-Fairlie and Will Dunger each claiming five wickets, Fakenham A achieved a 53-run home Alliance Division Two victory over Hillington.
After Fakenham A had made 276 for six, Hillington looked well set, losing their first wicket with 149 runs on the board in the 21st over.
Home opener Brian Whitwood looked on course for a century when, hampered by a foot injury, he was closely adjudged run out on 89 (two sixes, nine fours).
Teenager Dunger made 53 in another carefully compiled innings, with Galton Blackiston serving up a tasty, hard-hit 40 which included three sixes and four fours.
The Fakenham opening bowlers made little impression, but Monahan-Fairlie, clearly limping with an injury which has kept him out of the first team, came on to claim the Hillington top order with five for 48.
Dunger complimented him at the other end with a superb second spell, returning five for 42.
Hillington, with Anthony Dobing making 83, were all out for 223 in the 37th over.
- 1 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 2 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
- 5 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced
- 6 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 7 'It's time to decarbonise construction' - MP calls for regulation
- 8 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 9 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
Fourth-placed Fakenham A now visit fourth-bottom Garboldisham.