Fakenham and Wells schools’ cluster in football fest
Blenheim Park Primary School hosted the Fakenham and Wells cluster football festival.
In the biggest-ever turnout in a competition of it’s kind, 12 teams were keen to win the World Cup-style trophy.
Fakenham B and Wells A both won their groups. In one of the quarter-finals Fakenham A knocked out pre-tournament favourites Langham with an extra-time golden goal to set up a semi-final with Fakenham B.
Astley took on Wells in the other semi-final. This was a close game with Wells winning 1-0. Fakenham A beat Fakenham B to set up a Wells A v Fakenham A final.
Wells A had beaten their opponents earlier in the day 1-0, but this time the score line was reversed and Fakenham A were champions.
You may also want to watch:
Four students from Fakenham High School earned thanks as they refereed all the matches.
Little Snoring, Colkirk, Blenheim Park, All Saints and West Raynham were also in attendance.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Thanks went to all schools that sent a team.