Fakenham and Wells schools’ cluster in football fest
Blenheim Park Primary School hosted the Fakenham and Wells cluster football festival.
In the biggest-ever turnout in a competition of it’s kind, 12 teams were keen to win the World Cup-style trophy.
Fakenham B and Wells A both won their groups. In one of the quarter-finals Fakenham A knocked out pre-tournament favourites Langham with an extra-time golden goal to set up a semi-final with Fakenham B.
Astley took on Wells in the other semi-final. This was a close game with Wells winning 1-0. Fakenham A beat Fakenham B to set up a Wells A v Fakenham A final.
Wells A had beaten their opponents earlier in the day 1-0, but this time the score line was reversed and Fakenham A were champions.
You may also want to watch:
Four students from Fakenham High School earned thanks as they refereed all the matches.
Little Snoring, Colkirk, Blenheim Park, All Saints and West Raynham were also in attendance.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
Thanks went to all schools that sent a team.