Fakenham and Wells schools’ cluster in football fest
Blenheim Park Primary School hosted the Fakenham and Wells cluster football festival.
In the biggest-ever turnout in a competition of it’s kind, 12 teams were keen to win the World Cup-style trophy.
Fakenham B and Wells A both won their groups. In one of the quarter-finals Fakenham A knocked out pre-tournament favourites Langham with an extra-time golden goal to set up a semi-final with Fakenham B.
Astley took on Wells in the other semi-final. This was a close game with Wells winning 1-0. Fakenham A beat Fakenham B to set up a Wells A v Fakenham A final.
Wells A had beaten their opponents earlier in the day 1-0, but this time the score line was reversed and Fakenham A were champions.
Four students from Fakenham High School earned thanks as they refereed all the matches.
Little Snoring, Colkirk, Blenheim Park, All Saints and West Raynham were also in attendance.
- 1 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 Yard sale exceeds expectation to raise £1,000 for Ukraine appeal
- 4 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 5 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 6 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 'Plenty of effort and hard work' - new Fakenham mayor's pledge to town
- 9 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 10 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
Thanks went to all schools that sent a team.