Fakenham and Wells schools’ cluster in football fest
Blenheim Park Primary School hosted the Fakenham and Wells cluster football festival.
In the biggest-ever turnout in a competition of it’s kind, 12 teams were keen to win the World Cup-style trophy.
Fakenham B and Wells A both won their groups. In one of the quarter-finals Fakenham A knocked out pre-tournament favourites Langham with an extra-time golden goal to set up a semi-final with Fakenham B.
Astley took on Wells in the other semi-final. This was a close game with Wells winning 1-0. Fakenham A beat Fakenham B to set up a Wells A v Fakenham A final.
Wells A had beaten their opponents earlier in the day 1-0, but this time the score line was reversed and Fakenham A were champions.
You may also want to watch:
Four students from Fakenham High School earned thanks as they refereed all the matches.
Little Snoring, Colkirk, Blenheim Park, All Saints and West Raynham were also in attendance.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 7 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Campsite team's shock as couple turn up in campervan
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
Thanks went to all schools that sent a team.