Fakenham and Wells schools’ cluster in football fest
Blenheim Park Primary School hosted the Fakenham and Wells cluster football festival.
In the biggest-ever turnout in a competition of it’s kind, 12 teams were keen to win the World Cup-style trophy.
Fakenham B and Wells A both won their groups. In one of the quarter-finals Fakenham A knocked out pre-tournament favourites Langham with an extra-time golden goal to set up a semi-final with Fakenham B.
Astley took on Wells in the other semi-final. This was a close game with Wells winning 1-0. Fakenham A beat Fakenham B to set up a Wells A v Fakenham A final.
Wells A had beaten their opponents earlier in the day 1-0, but this time the score line was reversed and Fakenham A were champions.
You may also want to watch:
Four students from Fakenham High School earned thanks as they refereed all the matches.
Little Snoring, Colkirk, Blenheim Park, All Saints and West Raynham were also in attendance.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 8 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 9 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 10 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
Thanks went to all schools that sent a team.