Fakenham at Bradenham in Sunday clash
Fakenham visited Bradenham the Green for a Sunday league fixture and their powerful batting line-up proved to be a stern test for the home side.Fakenham were quick to punish the short ball and the runs started to accumulate, but with the score on 55 Ash Stolworthy produced a stunning catch off his own bowling to dispose of Keegan de Ridder.
Fakenham visited Bradenham the Green for a Sunday league fixture and their powerful batting line-up proved to be a stern test for the home side.
Fakenham were quick to punish the short ball and the runs started to accumulate, but with the score on 55 Ash Stolworthy produced a stunning catch off his own bowling to dispose of Keegan de Ridder.
This only served to bring Phil Gray to the crease to join brother Steven, and when he hit his first scoring shot for six things looked ominous for Bradenham. However, in his attempt to repeat the feat he skied one up for Lewis Denmark and he did the honours to remove one of this dangerous pairing with that solitary boundary to his name.
The Fakenham middle order dug in and Riseborough (51) and Piper (65) moved the score on to 215 before another caught and bowled, this one by Matty Clarke, split this productive pairing.
You may also want to watch:
The final total of 244 was an imposing target and so it proved to be as both Bradenham openers were back in the pavilion with only 11 runs on the board.
The home side finished 76 runs short. Top scorers for Bradenham were Andy Wilton (33) and Stolworthy who remained undefeated on 39.
- 1 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 2 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 6 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 7 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 8 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand
- 9 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 10 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
A young spinner, Y Lo, produced an exceptional performance for the visitors and shows great promise. Causing problems for all of the home batsmen, his return of three for 20 from 10 overs severely limited the Bradenham run chase.
Fakenham: K de Ridder c-b A Stolworthy 17, S Gray b C Balluza 71, P Gray c L Denmark b M Hunter 6, Riseborough c-b M Clarke 51, S Piper c Affleck b R Thurley 65, W Dunger not out 15, R Symmonds b R Adcock 4, D Galvin not out 1; extras 14. Total (6 wkts) 244.
Bowling: A Stolworthy 7-0-1-36, R Adcock 6-0-46-1, M Hunter 4-0-18-1, A Wilton 6-0-38-0, C Balluza 8-0-47-1, M Clarke 5-0-38-1, R Thurley 4-0-15-1.
Bradenham: L Denmark c De Riddor b R Savoury 4, M Evans c De Riddor b R Savoury 4, M Hunter c D Galvin b R Savoury 25, M Samuel b T Hood 0, R Thurley c Piper b Y Lo 29, A Wilton c S Gray b Y Lo 33, W Affleck c D Galvin b Y Lo 9, A Stolworthy not out 39, M Clarke not out 18; extras 7. Total (7 wkts) 168.
Bowling: R Savoury 10-2-51-3, T Hood 4-0-5-1, W Dunger 5-0-28-0, Y Lo 10-3-20-3, K de Ridder 3-0-14-0, D Galvin 5-0-31-0, S Gray 2-0-12-0, P Gray 1-0-5-0.