Fakenham Canary considers future
Fakenham's Norwich City striker Ryan Jarvis (pictured) has admitted his future lies away from Carrow Road.The 21-year-old - currently on loan at League Two Notts County - feels he is surplus to requirements under Glenn Roeder and is already planning for life after Norwich when his contract runs out in the summer.
Fakenham's Norwich City striker Ryan Jarvis (pictured) has admitted his future lies away from Carrow Road.
The 21-year-old - currently on loan at League Two Notts County - feels he is surplus to requirements under Glenn Roeder and is already planning for life after Norwich when his contract runs out in the summer.
“I don't really see a future for me at Norwich as I haven't really been involved there for the last few years,” he told County's official web site.
“Maybe next year will be a fresh start for me. I am out of contract in the summer, but I am concentrating on my career at the moment and that means scoring goals and performing well for Notts County.
Jarvis scored his first goal for County at the weekend in a 3-1 defeat to Bradford which dragged County closer to the drop out of the Football League.
“I had been waiting five games and was getting a little frustrated,” he admitted.
- 1 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 2 Yard sale exceeds expectation to raise £1,000 for Ukraine appeal
- 3 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Cadets head out for a week at sea
- 6 'Plenty of effort and hard work' - new Fakenham mayor's pledge to town
- 7 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 8 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 9 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 10 Repair work set to get under way at 'carbuncle' property
“I don't see any reason why my future can't be here. Notts is a good club and if I do well and the manager wants me beyond the end of the season I would certainly consider it. Right now though, I just want to concentrate on my football and perform and get some goals.”
Jarvis' only start under Roeder came in the FA Cup replay defeat at Bury when he was replaced at half-time. The Canaries' academy graduate has scored five goals in 38 senior appearances for the club since making his debut in 2003. Jarvis earned a Championship winners' medal in 2004 before announcing his Premiership arrival with a spectacular strike in a 2-1 home defeat against Liverpool - but he ended that season on loan at Colchester. Jarvis has also had spells at Orient and Kilmarnock earlier this season before his New Year Meadow Lane switch.