Fakenham Evergreens claim revenge victory
Watton 1 Evergreens 2
Watton II 1, Evergreens 2
Evergreens travelled to Watton determined to make up for being beaten at home in the reverse fixture in the Norfolk Women’s League Premier Division.
Evergreens attacked from the first whistle and efficient passing allowed them to control the first half.
Hannah Mitchell used her speed down the right and produced some powerful crosses which were unfortunate not to be converted into goals. Sarah Pruden filled in well at left midfield and linked up well with Naomi Holl and Chantelle Baker.
Evergreens’ relentless pressure paid off midway through the first half when Faye Hanson battled hard with the Watton keeper, who made a great double save, but Hanson managed to lift it over on the third rebound.
Evergreens were unlucky not to further increase their lead before half-time when Kathryn Gordon used her skill to win a series of short corners but the Watton keeper proved hard to beat.
- 1 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 2 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
- 5 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced
- 6 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 7 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 8 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 9 'It's time to decarbonise construction' - MP calls for regulation
- 10 Headteacher says 'good' Ofsted rating a testament to hard work
Watton came out stronger in the second half but Abi White, Sam Turner, Lesley Stratton and Karen Lingwood remained strong in the Evergreens defence, and keeper Su Hoogendyk made a number of good saves to protect the lead.
Evergreens extended their lead when Harriet Segasby found Pruden prowling at the top of the D, and her precision strike was blasted into the bottom corner.
Watton continued to pressure and won themselves a number of short corners which eventually paid off with a deserved goal to halve the deficit.
POM: Faye Hanson.
Harleston Magpies VI 1, Fakenham Evergreens II 1
Evergreens II travelled to Harleston in Division Two at the weekend and came up against strong opposition, who for most of the first half stopped Evergreens from playing their usual flowing hockey.
Harleston took the lead nearing half time with a rising shot, which was disputed by Evergreens, but allowed by the umpire.
However, the Greens did create a few chances.
A well positioned Ellie Lynn twice found herself with just the keeper to beat, but was denied on both occasions. Chantelle Baker was also right through, again with just the keeper to beat, but the umpire blew for half-time.
Evergreens came out sronger in the second half and started to piece their game together.
After being awarded a penalty corner they eventually equalised when Tracy Brain’s shot beat the keeper.
During the last few minutes it was end to end, but both teams remained strong to keep the score even.