Fakenham Evergreens II clinch victory
Fakenham Evergreens II 3, Loddon 1
Evergreens attacked from the start in this Division Two match and put their opponents under constant pressure, creating chances and several penalty corners.
Midway through the first half Trudi Moulton was well positioned to slot the ball home from close range to give the Greens a well deserved lead.
Soon after Tracy Brain added another when her shot was deflected in off a defender’s stick.
Loddon always looked dangerous on the attack and scored on the breakaway to close the gap.
You may also want to watch:
Brain’s cracking shot from a penalty corner was ruled out by the umpire so the score remained 2-1 at half-time.
In the second half Evergeens continued to dominate, but Loddon’s keeper was in good form. Eventually Evergreens’ brilliant teamwork paid off, after the move of the match. Following a string of one-two passes, the ball fell to Anne Mann who calmly slotted the ball it through the keeper’s legs.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk