Fakenham Evergreens II clinch victory
Fakenham Evergreens II 3, Loddon 1
Evergreens attacked from the start in this Division Two match and put their opponents under constant pressure, creating chances and several penalty corners.
Midway through the first half Trudi Moulton was well positioned to slot the ball home from close range to give the Greens a well deserved lead.
Soon after Tracy Brain added another when her shot was deflected in off a defender’s stick.
Loddon always looked dangerous on the attack and scored on the breakaway to close the gap.
You may also want to watch:
Brain’s cracking shot from a penalty corner was ruled out by the umpire so the score remained 2-1 at half-time.
In the second half Evergeens continued to dominate, but Loddon’s keeper was in good form. Eventually Evergreens’ brilliant teamwork paid off, after the move of the match. Following a string of one-two passes, the ball fell to Anne Mann who calmly slotted the ball it through the keeper’s legs.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 10 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis