Fakenham Evergreens II clinch victory
Fakenham Evergreens II 3, Loddon 1
Evergreens attacked from the start in this Division Two match and put their opponents under constant pressure, creating chances and several penalty corners.
Midway through the first half Trudi Moulton was well positioned to slot the ball home from close range to give the Greens a well deserved lead.
Soon after Tracy Brain added another when her shot was deflected in off a defender’s stick.
Loddon always looked dangerous on the attack and scored on the breakaway to close the gap.
You may also want to watch:
Brain’s cracking shot from a penalty corner was ruled out by the umpire so the score remained 2-1 at half-time.
In the second half Evergeens continued to dominate, but Loddon’s keeper was in good form. Eventually Evergreens’ brilliant teamwork paid off, after the move of the match. Following a string of one-two passes, the ball fell to Anne Mann who calmly slotted the ball it through the keeper’s legs.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases