Fakenham Evergreens’ second team maintain promotion push
Fakenham Evergreens II 7, Norwich City V 1
In this top of the table Norfolk Women’s League Division Two clash, Evergreens started the stronger team and within ten minutes they were 2-0 up.
The goals came from two almost identical goals by Faye Hanson, whose sweeping shots gave the keeper no chance.
This gave Evergreens the confidence they needed and Tracy Brain added another two from short range, again after good work from Ellie Lynn and Rose McCourt on the right.
Chantelle Baker’s strike from just inside the circle put the home side in a commanding lead at half-time, which was well deserved after the whole team played some brilliant hockey.
The second half for the Greens wasn’t quite so impressive, with a few mistakes creeping in but still they pushed forward and added to their tally with two goals from Stacey Nicholl.
The visitors pulled a goal back near the end and Yvonne Clipston made a good save to stop a second but Evergreens earned another three valuable points in their push for promotion.
- 1 PICTURES: Household Cavalry enjoys annual trip to Holkham beach
- 2 WATCH: Car becomes engulfed in flames at side of Norfolk road
- 3 Business offers school uniform payment plan as living costs spiral
- 4 Mayor officially opens hotel 13 years after last stay
- 5 Plan for dog walking meadow prompts road safety fears
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Eyesore trailers still towering over gardens one month on
- 8 Norfolk MP quits government role as prime minister clings to power
- 9 New film studio planned for Norfolk's former nuclear bomber base
- 10 Heatwave to hit Norfolk next week - with temperatures of 30C every day
Hornets 0, Fakenham Evergreens II 5
Evergreens travelled to Loddon to meet Hornets in the second game of the weekend.
A rearranged team due to lack of players saw goalie Yvonne Clipston going right midfield and Su Hoogendyk doing the honours in goal.
Fakenham started very positively and came out worthy winners, with goals in the first half from Faye Hanson, and a penalty corner struck brilliantly by Stacey Nicholl.
The second half, after a very scrappy start with tiredness playing a part, continued in the same vein with goals from Annie McCourt and Hanson, before Annie McCourt finished well for the fifth.