Fakenham Evergreens’ second team maintain promotion push
Fakenham Evergreens II 7, Norwich City V 1
In this top of the table Norfolk Women’s League Division Two clash, Evergreens started the stronger team and within ten minutes they were 2-0 up.
The goals came from two almost identical goals by Faye Hanson, whose sweeping shots gave the keeper no chance.
This gave Evergreens the confidence they needed and Tracy Brain added another two from short range, again after good work from Ellie Lynn and Rose McCourt on the right.
Chantelle Baker’s strike from just inside the circle put the home side in a commanding lead at half-time, which was well deserved after the whole team played some brilliant hockey.
You may also want to watch:
The second half for the Greens wasn’t quite so impressive, with a few mistakes creeping in but still they pushed forward and added to their tally with two goals from Stacey Nicholl.
The visitors pulled a goal back near the end and Yvonne Clipston made a good save to stop a second but Evergreens earned another three valuable points in their push for promotion.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
Hornets 0, Fakenham Evergreens II 5
Evergreens travelled to Loddon to meet Hornets in the second game of the weekend.
A rearranged team due to lack of players saw goalie Yvonne Clipston going right midfield and Su Hoogendyk doing the honours in goal.
Fakenham started very positively and came out worthy winners, with goals in the first half from Faye Hanson, and a penalty corner struck brilliantly by Stacey Nicholl.
The second half, after a very scrappy start with tiredness playing a part, continued in the same vein with goals from Annie McCourt and Hanson, before Annie McCourt finished well for the fifth.