Fakenham Evergreens’ second team maintain promotion push
Fakenham Evergreens II 7, Norwich City V 1
In this top of the table Norfolk Women’s League Division Two clash, Evergreens started the stronger team and within ten minutes they were 2-0 up.
The goals came from two almost identical goals by Faye Hanson, whose sweeping shots gave the keeper no chance.
This gave Evergreens the confidence they needed and Tracy Brain added another two from short range, again after good work from Ellie Lynn and Rose McCourt on the right.
Chantelle Baker’s strike from just inside the circle put the home side in a commanding lead at half-time, which was well deserved after the whole team played some brilliant hockey.
You may also want to watch:
The second half for the Greens wasn’t quite so impressive, with a few mistakes creeping in but still they pushed forward and added to their tally with two goals from Stacey Nicholl.
The visitors pulled a goal back near the end and Yvonne Clipston made a good save to stop a second but Evergreens earned another three valuable points in their push for promotion.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
Hornets 0, Fakenham Evergreens II 5
Evergreens travelled to Loddon to meet Hornets in the second game of the weekend.
A rearranged team due to lack of players saw goalie Yvonne Clipston going right midfield and Su Hoogendyk doing the honours in goal.
Fakenham started very positively and came out worthy winners, with goals in the first half from Faye Hanson, and a penalty corner struck brilliantly by Stacey Nicholl.
The second half, after a very scrappy start with tiredness playing a part, continued in the same vein with goals from Annie McCourt and Hanson, before Annie McCourt finished well for the fifth.