Fakenham Evergreens shake off the rust
Lowestoft Railway 0, Fakenham Evergreens II 2
After a two-week break, Evergreens struggled in the first half of their Norfolk Women’s League Division Two match.
Despite creating some chances, they failed to capitalise on them and the score was even at half-time.
The second half saw a turnaround and Evergreens began to play a bit more like their recent form.
Good team work resulted in Tracy Brain beating a defender and the keeper and Faye Hanson was on hand to slot the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
After this Evergreens’ confidence grew and they sealed the match after Ann Mann’s precision cross from the right found Carol Ransome, whose sweeping shot left the keeper with no chance.
Evergreens’ defence and keeper stayed strong to ensure a good win.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 4 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 7 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 8 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 9 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 10 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event