Fakenham Evergreens shake off the rust
Lowestoft Railway 0, Fakenham Evergreens II 2
After a two-week break, Evergreens struggled in the first half of their Norfolk Women’s League Division Two match.
Despite creating some chances, they failed to capitalise on them and the score was even at half-time.
The second half saw a turnaround and Evergreens began to play a bit more like their recent form.
Good team work resulted in Tracy Brain beating a defender and the keeper and Faye Hanson was on hand to slot the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
After this Evergreens’ confidence grew and they sealed the match after Ann Mann’s precision cross from the right found Carol Ransome, whose sweeping shot left the keeper with no chance.
Evergreens’ defence and keeper stayed strong to ensure a good win.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 8 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'