Fakenham Foxes fired up for final game
Fakenham Foxes 10, Leighton Buzzard 8
RUGBY: The Foxes hosted Leighton Buzzard in their last league match of the season. Both teams were fired up and ready with full squads.
Both teams took a while to settle. The Foxes gave away an early penalty and Leighton kicked for the posts, putting the first points on the board.
The Foxes’ defence was good, and hard tackles were made. The Foxes pressured but couldn’t break through and score.
Leighton made mistakes but the Foxes were not winning the scrums, so the advantage was lost.
You may also want to watch:
Leighton caught the Foxes off guard and made for the line, but Sandie Toher held the ball up and denied the try. Half-time: 3-0.
The Foxes made a few changes and were determined to turn the game around.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 7 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 8 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
- 9 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 10 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
Leighton passed quickly through hands and the winger broke free from halfway and scored.
The Foxes finally woke up and started to stick to their game plan. They kicked for territory and won the line-out, gaining precious ground.
They took the ball into a driving maul then released to Amber Wadlow. She shipped to Kym Kendle coming through at pace and she passed on the inside for Sarah Wheelhouse to score.
Leighton were beginning to tire so the Foxes used their experience to take control.
From a penalty close to the line Mandy Warren took the ball in then Rachel Forrest picked up and popped to Kym, who crashed over the line.
Players-of-the-match were Kym Kendle and Julie Wilkin.
For more information on the Foxes team check out the website www.fakenhamrugby.com