Fakenham Foxes turn on the style to beat Hitchin
Fakenham Foxes 15, Hitchin 5
A STRONG second half display earned Fakenham Foxes victory against Hitchin.
Hitchin arrived with only 14 players and the game commenced 14-a-side.
It was clear after the first 10 minutes this would be an evenly matched game, with both sides working hard to get the first try. It was a scrappy first half but the Foxes got a penalty in front of the posts which Sarah Wheelhouse kicked with ease.
Sandie Toher, in her first game of the season, produced a fantastic performance at hooker.
The Foxes settled down in the second half and stepped up the pressure. Hannah White smashed her way through the centre to score, with Kirstie Smith converting.
The Foxes sat back briefly and allowed Hitchin a breakaway try, but Ange Waterson touched down for Fakenham after a good team move to complete the scoring.
- 1 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 2 How former teacher's love for the high street inspired shop opening
- 3 Crash between car and van blocks part of the A1065
- 4 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 6 How this north Norfolk cargo ship evaded the Nazis
- 7 How town's new lifeboat station will also help protect wildlife
- 8 Fakenham pub saves the day after town's switch on cancelled
- 9 Norfolk MP celebrates success of two young entrepreneurs
- 10 Tree planted in honour of vaccine volunteers
Players of the match: Sandie Toher and Ange Waterson