Fakenham Foxes turn on the style to beat Hitchin
Fakenham Foxes 15, Hitchin 5
A STRONG second half display earned Fakenham Foxes victory against Hitchin.
Hitchin arrived with only 14 players and the game commenced 14-a-side.
It was clear after the first 10 minutes this would be an evenly matched game, with both sides working hard to get the first try. It was a scrappy first half but the Foxes got a penalty in front of the posts which Sarah Wheelhouse kicked with ease.
Sandie Toher, in her first game of the season, produced a fantastic performance at hooker.
You may also want to watch:
The Foxes settled down in the second half and stepped up the pressure. Hannah White smashed her way through the centre to score, with Kirstie Smith converting.
The Foxes sat back briefly and allowed Hitchin a breakaway try, but Ange Waterson touched down for Fakenham after a good team move to complete the scoring.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 3 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 4 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 8 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 9 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
Players of the match: Sandie Toher and Ange Waterson