Fakenham Golf Club hosts annual county championship
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Golf Club hosted the annual Norfolk Nine Hole Club Alliance Challenge Cup.
This is a competition between the nine hole clubs in the county who agreed an arrangement which gives their members a reciprocal agreement to play at other such clubs at a reduced green fee.
Fakenham, Dereham, Ryston Park, Feltwell and Searles from Hunstanton put up teams to take part in the tournament, with Searles winning the cup with a score of 231 points.
Eight players - two men, two women, two seniors and two juniors - made up the teams, playing individual stableford, with the combined score to win.
Individual winners were Jon Gibson (men, Searles), Martin Gould (seniors, Fakenham), Sue Fleming (women, Searles) and Aiden Emry (juniors, Ryston Park).
You may also want to watch:
The match was followed by a carvery meal and presentation. Next year the rota system takes the tournament to Feltwell.
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 6 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 9 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 10 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere