Fakenham Golf Club hosts annual county championship
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Golf Club hosted the annual Norfolk Nine Hole Club Alliance Challenge Cup.
This is a competition between the nine hole clubs in the county who agreed an arrangement which gives their members a reciprocal agreement to play at other such clubs at a reduced green fee.
Fakenham, Dereham, Ryston Park, Feltwell and Searles from Hunstanton put up teams to take part in the tournament, with Searles winning the cup with a score of 231 points.
Eight players - two men, two women, two seniors and two juniors - made up the teams, playing individual stableford, with the combined score to win.
Individual winners were Jon Gibson (men, Searles), Martin Gould (seniors, Fakenham), Sue Fleming (women, Searles) and Aiden Emry (juniors, Ryston Park).
You may also want to watch:
The match was followed by a carvery meal and presentation. Next year the rota system takes the tournament to Feltwell.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 5 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping