Fakenham Golf Club hosts annual county championship
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Golf Club hosted the annual Norfolk Nine Hole Club Alliance Challenge Cup.
This is a competition between the nine hole clubs in the county who agreed an arrangement which gives their members a reciprocal agreement to play at other such clubs at a reduced green fee.
Fakenham, Dereham, Ryston Park, Feltwell and Searles from Hunstanton put up teams to take part in the tournament, with Searles winning the cup with a score of 231 points.
Eight players - two men, two women, two seniors and two juniors - made up the teams, playing individual stableford, with the combined score to win.
Individual winners were Jon Gibson (men, Searles), Martin Gould (seniors, Fakenham), Sue Fleming (women, Searles) and Aiden Emry (juniors, Ryston Park).
You may also want to watch:
The match was followed by a carvery meal and presentation. Next year the rota system takes the tournament to Feltwell.
- 1 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 2 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 3 Pints, pups and haircuts - Dereham delight at April 12 reopening
- 4 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 5 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 6 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 7 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 8 Who are candidates to be Norfolk's new police and crime commissioner?
- 9 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 10 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait