Fakenham Golf Club hosts annual county championship
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Golf Club hosted the annual Norfolk Nine Hole Club Alliance Challenge Cup.
This is a competition between the nine hole clubs in the county who agreed an arrangement which gives their members a reciprocal agreement to play at other such clubs at a reduced green fee.
Fakenham, Dereham, Ryston Park, Feltwell and Searles from Hunstanton put up teams to take part in the tournament, with Searles winning the cup with a score of 231 points.
Eight players - two men, two women, two seniors and two juniors - made up the teams, playing individual stableford, with the combined score to win.
Individual winners were Jon Gibson (men, Searles), Martin Gould (seniors, Fakenham), Sue Fleming (women, Searles) and Aiden Emry (juniors, Ryston Park).
You may also want to watch:
The match was followed by a carvery meal and presentation. Next year the rota system takes the tournament to Feltwell.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 3 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 4 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 5 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 10 Campsite team's shock as couple turn up in campervan