Fakenham Golf Club take up Dutch challenge
Fakenham Golf Club recently played against a team from Ameland Golf Club from the Netherlands.
Bertrand Reynolds, past captain of Fakenham, met Hendrik Engels the owner of Ameland, while playing a competition in Portugal and their friendship has continued since then.
Engels brought a party of 17 players to Norfolk during which time they also played at Sheringham and Cromer.
Their visit culminated in playing Bertrand’s team from Fakenham and ended in the appropriate honourable halved match.
The day ended with a social get together in the clubhouse.
You may also want to watch:
n Playing in the September midweek Stableford, Peter Cleaton, pictured, holed in one at the 189 yard fourth hole using a five iron.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Town faces more disruption after resurfacing fails
- 3 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 7 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 8 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 9 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 10 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers