Fakenham Golf Club take up Dutch challenge
Fakenham Golf Club recently played against a team from Ameland Golf Club from the Netherlands.
Bertrand Reynolds, past captain of Fakenham, met Hendrik Engels the owner of Ameland, while playing a competition in Portugal and their friendship has continued since then.
Engels brought a party of 17 players to Norfolk during which time they also played at Sheringham and Cromer.
Their visit culminated in playing Bertrand’s team from Fakenham and ended in the appropriate honourable halved match.
The day ended with a social get together in the clubhouse.
You may also want to watch:
n Playing in the September midweek Stableford, Peter Cleaton, pictured, holed in one at the 189 yard fourth hole using a five iron.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county