Fakenham hit by the weather
After seven successive Norfolk Alliance Premier Division wins to start the season, Fakenham suffered defeat by the weather on Saturday, their cancelled match at Sprowston yielding just five points.
With defending champions Downham beating N&C Wanderers, the top now reads: Fakenham 167 points, N&C Wanderers 134, Downham 131, Sprowston 124, writes John Cushion.
Fakenham visit fifth-placed Vauxhall Mallards A (98 points) on Saturday.
Tomorrow night it is hoped to continue the Dr Fisher Cup competition (6pm start) at Highfield Lawn.
Fakenham A’s Paul Dunger hit a half-century in the rain-affected Division Two home draw with bottom club Sheringham. Fakenham made 175 for five. Sheringham were halted on 45 for one.
Dereham (124) lost at Hillington (125 for three).
In the Premier Division, Joss Stuart claimed five for 30 and Peter J Cairns four for 21 as Downham skittled N&C Wanderers out for 91. Downham knocked the runs off losing three wickets.
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast to pass over Norfolk
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 4 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Community groups call on people to get involved with riverside day
- 7 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 10 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
Swardeston A held out for a losing draw at home to Division One leaders Old Buckenham.
The visitors posted 225 for 9, Terry Perry top-scoring with 54. Swardeston were well set thanks to Jordan Taylor (57) and Saphie Herathge (40) but Lawrence (4 for 52) left Dale Reynolds and Rob Micklethwaite to bat out the final nine overs for 186-9.