Fakenham hit by the weather
After seven successive Norfolk Alliance Premier Division wins to start the season, Fakenham suffered defeat by the weather on Saturday, their cancelled match at Sprowston yielding just five points.
With defending champions Downham beating N&C Wanderers, the top now reads: Fakenham 167 points, N&C Wanderers 134, Downham 131, Sprowston 124, writes John Cushion.
Fakenham visit fifth-placed Vauxhall Mallards A (98 points) on Saturday.
Tomorrow night it is hoped to continue the Dr Fisher Cup competition (6pm start) at Highfield Lawn.
Fakenham A’s Paul Dunger hit a half-century in the rain-affected Division Two home draw with bottom club Sheringham. Fakenham made 175 for five. Sheringham were halted on 45 for one.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham (124) lost at Hillington (125 for three).
In the Premier Division, Joss Stuart claimed five for 30 and Peter J Cairns four for 21 as Downham skittled N&C Wanderers out for 91. Downham knocked the runs off losing three wickets.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 3 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 4 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 5 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 8 Eyes-down for a full house as charity bingo returns to Fakenham
- 9 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 10 The show WILL go on - Student production of Little Women to go ahead
Swardeston A held out for a losing draw at home to Division One leaders Old Buckenham.
The visitors posted 225 for 9, Terry Perry top-scoring with 54. Swardeston were well set thanks to Jordan Taylor (57) and Saphie Herathge (40) but Lawrence (4 for 52) left Dale Reynolds and Rob Micklethwaite to bat out the final nine overs for 186-9.