Fakenham hit by the weather
After seven successive Norfolk Alliance Premier Division wins to start the season, Fakenham suffered defeat by the weather on Saturday, their cancelled match at Sprowston yielding just five points.
With defending champions Downham beating N&C Wanderers, the top now reads: Fakenham 167 points, N&C Wanderers 134, Downham 131, Sprowston 124, writes John Cushion.
Fakenham visit fifth-placed Vauxhall Mallards A (98 points) on Saturday.
Tomorrow night it is hoped to continue the Dr Fisher Cup competition (6pm start) at Highfield Lawn.
Fakenham A’s Paul Dunger hit a half-century in the rain-affected Division Two home draw with bottom club Sheringham. Fakenham made 175 for five. Sheringham were halted on 45 for one.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham (124) lost at Hillington (125 for three).
In the Premier Division, Joss Stuart claimed five for 30 and Peter J Cairns four for 21 as Downham skittled N&C Wanderers out for 91. Downham knocked the runs off losing three wickets.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 6 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 7 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
Swardeston A held out for a losing draw at home to Division One leaders Old Buckenham.
The visitors posted 225 for 9, Terry Perry top-scoring with 54. Swardeston were well set thanks to Jordan Taylor (57) and Saphie Herathge (40) but Lawrence (4 for 52) left Dale Reynolds and Rob Micklethwaite to bat out the final nine overs for 186-9.