Fakenham II rally in vain
Fakenham II 12, Medics 32
RUGBY: Fakenham returned to Merit Table action after an enforced two-week layoff due to injuries and unavailability and produced a fairly lacklustre performance against strong opposition.
The visitors kicked off and, after some handling errors, were soon on the scoresheet with a well-taken try which was down to poor defence – an area in which Fakenham have prided themselves this season.
Fakenham answered 10 minutes later with a try of their own after forward pressure allowed stand-off Howick to cross the line on one of his trademark jinking runs.
But before half-time the visitors managed another four tries, one of which was converted.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Fakenham playing with more passion with glimpses of the form which had won their first four games. The defence strengthened and the forwards took more control.
After a period of prolonged pressure the ball was recycled and fed through the backs until it ended up in the hands of Kettel, who powered over from 15 yards to score under the posts. Syer converted.
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 6 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 7 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 8 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 9 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
Medics managed another try and soft penalty.
The team manager was impressed with some passages of play but warned the boys that they need to approach games with a far more positive attitude.