Fakenham II rally in vain
Fakenham II 12, Medics 32
RUGBY: Fakenham returned to Merit Table action after an enforced two-week layoff due to injuries and unavailability and produced a fairly lacklustre performance against strong opposition.
The visitors kicked off and, after some handling errors, were soon on the scoresheet with a well-taken try which was down to poor defence – an area in which Fakenham have prided themselves this season.
Fakenham answered 10 minutes later with a try of their own after forward pressure allowed stand-off Howick to cross the line on one of his trademark jinking runs.
But before half-time the visitors managed another four tries, one of which was converted.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Fakenham playing with more passion with glimpses of the form which had won their first four games. The defence strengthened and the forwards took more control.
After a period of prolonged pressure the ball was recycled and fed through the backs until it ended up in the hands of Kettel, who powered over from 15 yards to score under the posts. Syer converted.
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 4 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside
- 5 Source of sound that mystified village revealed to be rocket testing
- 6 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 7 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 8 Voting open for students' Bluetooth device
- 9 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 10 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
Medics managed another try and soft penalty.
The team manager was impressed with some passages of play but warned the boys that they need to approach games with a far more positive attitude.