Fakenham Ladies enjoy crushing success
Fakenham Ladies 8, North Elmham Ladies 0
Unusually for Fakenham Ladies, they started a match with more players than their opposition.
They almost made this advantage count in the first minute when Laura burst down the right and crossed for Betty who narrowly missed.
Fakenham were enjoying the better of the early exchanges and it was no surprise when Betty opened the scoring on 20 minutes.
Lorren was having perhaps her finest ever game and provided more chances for Sam and Betty who were proving to be a real handful up front before Betty made it 2-0 on 25 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly and Natalie were bossing the game in the middle of the park and were able to get forward and support the front two, exploiting gaps in the North Elmham defence. With first-half added time ticking away, Betty completed her hat-trick to make it 3-0 at half-time.
Almost immediately from the restart Sam at last got her deserved goal when she broke through and finished with panache.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 7 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
Fakenham’s defence was well marshalled by Jemma and ably supported by Kirstie, who has had limited football this year.
On 60 minutes the ball fell for Natalie who rifled home a powerful volley to make it 5-0.
As the warm conditions and large pitch started to take their toll on tired legs, Emma had to be on her mettle to cut out a couple of Elmham attacks.
Two goals from Lorren and another from Natalie, who charged on despite a blow to the face with the ball, took the final score to 8-0.
North Elmham deserve huge credit for battling on gamely and playing the game in the right spirit.
Player of the match was a close run thing between Betty and Lorren but Lorren just about edged it for her all-round game.