Fakenham out of cup
Fakenham Town 1, Loddon United 5Fakenham finally got their twice-postponed Norfolk Senior Cup tie under way on Saturday but suffered a repeat of last season's defeat by Anglian Combination Loddon.
Fakenham Town 1, Loddon United 5
Fakenham finally got their twice-postponed Norfolk Senior Cup tie under way on Saturday but suffered a repeat of last season's defeat by Anglian Combination Loddon.
The Ghosts were at full strength with Karl Pask back to lead the line, Martin Fenwick relegated to the subs' bench and with former youth player Tom Blaza also named as sub, writes Paul Wright.
Loddon went into the break with a deserved two-goal lead. They took advantage of their chances where Fakenham were guilty of poor finishing.
You may also want to watch:
Loddon won the midfield battle in the opening 45 minutes and their defence easily coped with Fakenham's long balls into the area. Loddon opened the scoring in the 20th minute when Anderson's 30-yard free-kick took a deflection off defender Cole to wrong-foot the keeper. Five minutes later Browne blasted home from close range as the home defence failed to deal with a corner.
Fakenham's chances were limited to a Pask glancing header and a Nick Haynes far-post effort that flew wide.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
In the second half Loddon added a further three goals. On the hour keeper Daniel Stockdale's poor clearance was bounced back into an empty from 40 yards by Way.
Fakenham pulled a goal back from the penalty spot after Mark Betts was pulled down, Pask converting. Within two minutes Loddon scored, again Stockdale's poor clearance was rammed back into an empty net by Anderson and straight from the restart sub Oliver rounded off a fine passing move with a cracking shot into the top corner.
Fakenham Town: Stockdale, A Woodhouse, Cole, Whittred, Tagg, Day, Haynes, Bamford, Pask, Betts, Hooks.