Fakenham out of cup
Fakenham Town 1, Loddon United 5Fakenham finally got their twice-postponed Norfolk Senior Cup tie under way on Saturday but suffered a repeat of last season's defeat by Anglian Combination Loddon.
Fakenham Town 1, Loddon United 5
Fakenham finally got their twice-postponed Norfolk Senior Cup tie under way on Saturday but suffered a repeat of last season's defeat by Anglian Combination Loddon.
The Ghosts were at full strength with Karl Pask back to lead the line, Martin Fenwick relegated to the subs' bench and with former youth player Tom Blaza also named as sub, writes Paul Wright.
Loddon went into the break with a deserved two-goal lead. They took advantage of their chances where Fakenham were guilty of poor finishing.
You may also want to watch:
Loddon won the midfield battle in the opening 45 minutes and their defence easily coped with Fakenham's long balls into the area. Loddon opened the scoring in the 20th minute when Anderson's 30-yard free-kick took a deflection off defender Cole to wrong-foot the keeper. Five minutes later Browne blasted home from close range as the home defence failed to deal with a corner.
Fakenham's chances were limited to a Pask glancing header and a Nick Haynes far-post effort that flew wide.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 10 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
In the second half Loddon added a further three goals. On the hour keeper Daniel Stockdale's poor clearance was bounced back into an empty from 40 yards by Way.
Fakenham pulled a goal back from the penalty spot after Mark Betts was pulled down, Pask converting. Within two minutes Loddon scored, again Stockdale's poor clearance was rammed back into an empty net by Anderson and straight from the restart sub Oliver rounded off a fine passing move with a cracking shot into the top corner.
Fakenham Town: Stockdale, A Woodhouse, Cole, Whittred, Tagg, Day, Haynes, Bamford, Pask, Betts, Hooks.