Fakenham races called off
Ian Clarke Fakenham race meeting today has been called off due to snow on the track.The North Norfolk track passed a 3pm inspection yesterday but about one and a half inches of snow fell last night and it caused the postponement to be announced following a 7am check today.
Fakenham race meeting today has been called off due to snow on the track.
The North Norfolk track passed a 3pm inspection yesterday but about one and a half inches of snow fell last night and it caused the postponement to be announced following a 7am check today.
Clerk of the course David Hunter said the forecast temperatures would not be high enough to clear the snow from the track.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a great shame considering it was the frost that was going to be the problem. It's just one of those things.”
There was due to be a seven race card and the meeting was also the Countryside Counts Day and the annual amateurs race.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 8 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
Mr Hunter hopes the amateurs race can be rescheduled for Friday February 27 when Fakenham has been given an extra meeting as part of efforts to catch up with the number of race cards which have been abandoned nationwide due to bad weather.