Fakenham Rugby Club remain level on points at top of Merit League Division Two
Fakenham’s crucial top of the table clash against Lakenham Hewett was frozen off at the weekend, leaving the high fliers still locked together on 38 points at the head of Norfolk Merit League Division Two.
The two sides to leave Eastern Counties last season are sitting at the top with games in hand over third placed Wymondham III.
With only one side being relegated it is looking grim for Broadland-Gt Yarmouth II, who are 15 points behind Southwold II.
In Merit Table Three, fifth placed Fakenham II can still take one of the promotion places as they have games in hand over all the sides above them. Of the top two, Swaffham II, who look like bouncing back from last season’s relegation, have the easier run in, but Medics have been strong all season. This weekend the top two meet and this may well decide who goes up as champions.
Overall, the Merit Tables have been more successful this season, with most sides trying hard to fulfil fixtures, even when short of players. There have been fewer call-offs than last season although three sides have fallen by the wayside due to insufficient numbers. Next season may see a reduction in sides in Merit Table Three, but structured fixtures for the top two tables.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham are due to host Holt II in a friendly on Saturday.
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed