Fakenham Rugby Club remain level on points at top of Merit League Division Two
Fakenham’s crucial top of the table clash against Lakenham Hewett was frozen off at the weekend, leaving the high fliers still locked together on 38 points at the head of Norfolk Merit League Division Two.
The two sides to leave Eastern Counties last season are sitting at the top with games in hand over third placed Wymondham III.
With only one side being relegated it is looking grim for Broadland-Gt Yarmouth II, who are 15 points behind Southwold II.
In Merit Table Three, fifth placed Fakenham II can still take one of the promotion places as they have games in hand over all the sides above them. Of the top two, Swaffham II, who look like bouncing back from last season’s relegation, have the easier run in, but Medics have been strong all season. This weekend the top two meet and this may well decide who goes up as champions.
Overall, the Merit Tables have been more successful this season, with most sides trying hard to fulfil fixtures, even when short of players. There have been fewer call-offs than last season although three sides have fallen by the wayside due to insufficient numbers. Next season may see a reduction in sides in Merit Table Three, but structured fixtures for the top two tables.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham are due to host Holt II in a friendly on Saturday.
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 4 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 5 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 6 'I love the pine woods at Wells': Q&A with skipper Liam Pink
- 7 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 10 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside