Fakenham Rugby Club remain level on points at top of Merit League Division Two
Fakenham’s crucial top of the table clash against Lakenham Hewett was frozen off at the weekend, leaving the high fliers still locked together on 38 points at the head of Norfolk Merit League Division Two.
The two sides to leave Eastern Counties last season are sitting at the top with games in hand over third placed Wymondham III.
With only one side being relegated it is looking grim for Broadland-Gt Yarmouth II, who are 15 points behind Southwold II.
In Merit Table Three, fifth placed Fakenham II can still take one of the promotion places as they have games in hand over all the sides above them. Of the top two, Swaffham II, who look like bouncing back from last season’s relegation, have the easier run in, but Medics have been strong all season. This weekend the top two meet and this may well decide who goes up as champions.
Overall, the Merit Tables have been more successful this season, with most sides trying hard to fulfil fixtures, even when short of players. There have been fewer call-offs than last season although three sides have fallen by the wayside due to insufficient numbers. Next season may see a reduction in sides in Merit Table Three, but structured fixtures for the top two tables.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham are due to host Holt II in a friendly on Saturday.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 4 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales