Fakenham Rugby Club secure title
FAKENHAM secured the Merit League Division Two title without having to break sweat on Saturday as Thetford II conceded the final game of the season.
The call-off saw Fakenham awarded a 20-0 victory, which kept them three points clear of second-placed Lakenham Hewett, who beat Norwich III 17-12.
Fakenham are therefore promoted to Division One next season.
Fakenham II 45 Watton II 0
This match was preceded by the Chris Wood Celebration Lunch.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham and Watton played the re-arranged Merrit Division Three game in great spirit and in front of a large crowd.
The game was much closer than the score reflects, with Fakenham fashioning two tries from nowhere due to some great individual skill from Josh Gee and Carl Harris which Joe Bane-Young converted to bring the score at half time to 14-0.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 7 'We are here for the children' - Headteacher backs EDP's laptop campaign
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
Fakenham then took a stronger hold on the game in the second half with tries from Carl Harris, Howard Kellock (2), Karl Ryder and Acky Downing with a further four conversions from Bane-Young.
Fakenham II finished in third place and are likely to miss out on promotion.
Man-of-the-match: Howard Kellock.