Fakenham Rugby Club secure title
FAKENHAM secured the Merit League Division Two title without having to break sweat on Saturday as Thetford II conceded the final game of the season.
The call-off saw Fakenham awarded a 20-0 victory, which kept them three points clear of second-placed Lakenham Hewett, who beat Norwich III 17-12.
Fakenham are therefore promoted to Division One next season.
Fakenham II 45 Watton II 0
This match was preceded by the Chris Wood Celebration Lunch.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham and Watton played the re-arranged Merrit Division Three game in great spirit and in front of a large crowd.
The game was much closer than the score reflects, with Fakenham fashioning two tries from nowhere due to some great individual skill from Josh Gee and Carl Harris which Joe Bane-Young converted to bring the score at half time to 14-0.
- 1 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 2 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 3 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 4 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 5 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 6 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 7 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 8 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 9 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 10 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
Fakenham then took a stronger hold on the game in the second half with tries from Carl Harris, Howard Kellock (2), Karl Ryder and Acky Downing with a further four conversions from Bane-Young.
Fakenham II finished in third place and are likely to miss out on promotion.
Man-of-the-match: Howard Kellock.