Fakenham Rugby Club secure title
FAKENHAM secured the Merit League Division Two title without having to break sweat on Saturday as Thetford II conceded the final game of the season.
The call-off saw Fakenham awarded a 20-0 victory, which kept them three points clear of second-placed Lakenham Hewett, who beat Norwich III 17-12.
Fakenham are therefore promoted to Division One next season.
Fakenham II 45 Watton II 0
This match was preceded by the Chris Wood Celebration Lunch.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham and Watton played the re-arranged Merrit Division Three game in great spirit and in front of a large crowd.
The game was much closer than the score reflects, with Fakenham fashioning two tries from nowhere due to some great individual skill from Josh Gee and Carl Harris which Joe Bane-Young converted to bring the score at half time to 14-0.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
Fakenham then took a stronger hold on the game in the second half with tries from Carl Harris, Howard Kellock (2), Karl Ryder and Acky Downing with a further four conversions from Bane-Young.
Fakenham II finished in third place and are likely to miss out on promotion.
Man-of-the-match: Howard Kellock.