Fakenham rugby mix
Fakenham Rugby Club made a mixed start to this season's league campaign.A depleted first team went down 17-28 to a strong Wisbech side after making a great start, going 17-0 up in the first half.
Fakenham Rugby Club made a mixed start to this season's league campaign.
A depleted first team went down 17-28 to a strong Wisbech side after making a great start, going 17-0 up in the first half. Winger Mark Allen scored two fine tries which were converted by Stuart Baldock, who also contributed with a penalty.
But Fakenham lost Josh Speeny to a serious ankle injury. Then the superior strength of Wisbech took control and they ended up winning by 11 points.
This week first away to Stowmarket (league match).
Fakenham III travelled to Diss for their first Merit Table match and lost 52-0. Manager Aggie Baker had a difficult task finding a team due to injuries further up the club.
Thanks went to him and and all who travelled to Diss as well as to Diss for loaning players. Despite this rocky start it was a most enjoyable match.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 3 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 4 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 5 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 8 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 9 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 10 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
This week the third team are at home to Lowestoft and Yarmouth III, ko 3pm.
New players are welcome. Training Tuesday and Thursday, 7pm.