Fakenham rugby mix
Fakenham Rugby Club made a mixed start to this season's league campaign.A depleted first team went down 17-28 to a strong Wisbech side after making a great start, going 17-0 up in the first half.
Fakenham Rugby Club made a mixed start to this season's league campaign.
A depleted first team went down 17-28 to a strong Wisbech side after making a great start, going 17-0 up in the first half. Winger Mark Allen scored two fine tries which were converted by Stuart Baldock, who also contributed with a penalty.
But Fakenham lost Josh Speeny to a serious ankle injury. Then the superior strength of Wisbech took control and they ended up winning by 11 points.
This week first away to Stowmarket (league match).
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham III travelled to Diss for their first Merit Table match and lost 52-0. Manager Aggie Baker had a difficult task finding a team due to injuries further up the club.
Thanks went to him and and all who travelled to Diss as well as to Diss for loaning players. Despite this rocky start it was a most enjoyable match.
- 1 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 2 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 3 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 4 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
This week the third team are at home to Lowestoft and Yarmouth III, ko 3pm.
New players are welcome. Training Tuesday and Thursday, 7pm.