Fakenham rugby mix
Fakenham Rugby Club made a mixed start to this season's league campaign.A depleted first team went down 17-28 to a strong Wisbech side after making a great start, going 17-0 up in the first half.
Fakenham Rugby Club made a mixed start to this season's league campaign.
A depleted first team went down 17-28 to a strong Wisbech side after making a great start, going 17-0 up in the first half. Winger Mark Allen scored two fine tries which were converted by Stuart Baldock, who also contributed with a penalty.
But Fakenham lost Josh Speeny to a serious ankle injury. Then the superior strength of Wisbech took control and they ended up winning by 11 points.
This week first away to Stowmarket (league match).
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham III travelled to Diss for their first Merit Table match and lost 52-0. Manager Aggie Baker had a difficult task finding a team due to injuries further up the club.
Thanks went to him and and all who travelled to Diss as well as to Diss for loaning players. Despite this rocky start it was a most enjoyable match.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
This week the third team are at home to Lowestoft and Yarmouth III, ko 3pm.
New players are welcome. Training Tuesday and Thursday, 7pm.