Fakenham’s big lead intact thanks to weather
It was as you were for Fakenham’s Norfolk Alliance Premier Division leaders after the weather wiped out the weekend in which they had no fixture anyway.
The title favourites are set to entertain bottom club Stow (pm start) on Saturday, 55 points clear of Downham and Sprowston and 59 points ahead of N&C Wanderers.
Fakenham, after the Stow match, have five home games left to three away, the fixture list giving them three home matches in succession at the end of the campaign.
The fixtures are: Saturday, Stow (h); July 30,Diss (a); August 6, Lowestoft (h); August 13, Downham (a); August 20, North Runcton (h); August 21, Cromer (a); September 9, Sprowston (h); September 10, Vauxhall Mallards (h); September 17, Brooke (h).
No games went ahead over the weekend in the EAPL, Alliance, Norfolk League or West Norfolk League.
You may also want to watch:
The only game to achieve a ‘result’ was the Norfolk League Division Five match at Old Buckenham B, for which visitors Halvergate A were unable to raise a side, 24 points going to Old Buckenham B while the Hares were docked 16.
Fakenham A are fourth in Alliance Two with 167 points to Horsford A’s 174, H&T Valley’s 207 and Dereham’s 212. Saturday sees the Fakenham side at third-bottom Beccles Town.
- 1 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 2 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 3 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 4 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
In the West Norfolk League, Fakenham B are third-bottom of Division Two, with a trip to Northwold at the weekend. Fakenham C are third in Division Four, six points behind Snettisham A but 64 adrift of leaders Beetley. Saturday sees a trip to fourth-placed Necton.
Fakenham’s home Mid Norfolk League Challenge Cup semi-final with Swardeston has been re-scheduled for August 14.