Fakenham’s run goes on
Holt III 13, Fakenham 49
Fakenham recorded their ninth win from nine Norfolk Merit League Division Two games on Saturday against a battling Holt third team.
Fakenham failed to produce much fluency in the first half, with too many handling errors. They hit the scoreboard with a Joseph Bane-Young penalty and followed this up with a push over try for number eight Howard Kellock which was unconverted. Holt replied with an unconverted try to stay in the game.
Kellock scored another pushover try but again it was unconverted. Holt replied with a penalty as Fakenham continued to make errors, leaving the half-time score 13-8 to the visitors.
After the break Fakenham started to take control and to produce the type of rugby they had shown in previous games. Four tries from winger Josh Gee and two from prop Richard Warren sealed the win for Fakenham with two conversions from Bane-Young and one from Karl Ryder.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Glossop and Aaron Poysner had great games in the front row and Bob Sayer, Daniel Starman and Matthew King rounded off a great controlled performance by the pack.
Fakenham are set to host Wymondham III on Saturday and there will be a pre-match lunch.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 5 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 6 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 9 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 10 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special