Fakenham’s run goes on
Holt III 13, Fakenham 49
Fakenham recorded their ninth win from nine Norfolk Merit League Division Two games on Saturday against a battling Holt third team.
Fakenham failed to produce much fluency in the first half, with too many handling errors. They hit the scoreboard with a Joseph Bane-Young penalty and followed this up with a push over try for number eight Howard Kellock which was unconverted. Holt replied with an unconverted try to stay in the game.
Kellock scored another pushover try but again it was unconverted. Holt replied with a penalty as Fakenham continued to make errors, leaving the half-time score 13-8 to the visitors.
After the break Fakenham started to take control and to produce the type of rugby they had shown in previous games. Four tries from winger Josh Gee and two from prop Richard Warren sealed the win for Fakenham with two conversions from Bane-Young and one from Karl Ryder.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Glossop and Aaron Poysner had great games in the front row and Bob Sayer, Daniel Starman and Matthew King rounded off a great controlled performance by the pack.
Fakenham are set to host Wymondham III on Saturday and there will be a pre-match lunch.
- 1 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 2 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 3 Pints, pups and haircuts - Dereham delight at April 12 reopening
- 4 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 5 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 6 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 7 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 8 Who are candidates to be Norfolk's new police and crime commissioner?
- 9 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 10 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait