Fakenham’s run goes on
Holt III 13, Fakenham 49
Fakenham recorded their ninth win from nine Norfolk Merit League Division Two games on Saturday against a battling Holt third team.
Fakenham failed to produce much fluency in the first half, with too many handling errors. They hit the scoreboard with a Joseph Bane-Young penalty and followed this up with a push over try for number eight Howard Kellock which was unconverted. Holt replied with an unconverted try to stay in the game.
Kellock scored another pushover try but again it was unconverted. Holt replied with a penalty as Fakenham continued to make errors, leaving the half-time score 13-8 to the visitors.
After the break Fakenham started to take control and to produce the type of rugby they had shown in previous games. Four tries from winger Josh Gee and two from prop Richard Warren sealed the win for Fakenham with two conversions from Bane-Young and one from Karl Ryder.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Glossop and Aaron Poysner had great games in the front row and Bob Sayer, Daniel Starman and Matthew King rounded off a great controlled performance by the pack.
Fakenham are set to host Wymondham III on Saturday and there will be a pre-match lunch.
- 1 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 10 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?