Fakenham’s run goes on
Holt III 13, Fakenham 49
Fakenham recorded their ninth win from nine Norfolk Merit League Division Two games on Saturday against a battling Holt third team.
Fakenham failed to produce much fluency in the first half, with too many handling errors. They hit the scoreboard with a Joseph Bane-Young penalty and followed this up with a push over try for number eight Howard Kellock which was unconverted. Holt replied with an unconverted try to stay in the game.
Kellock scored another pushover try but again it was unconverted. Holt replied with a penalty as Fakenham continued to make errors, leaving the half-time score 13-8 to the visitors.
After the break Fakenham started to take control and to produce the type of rugby they had shown in previous games. Four tries from winger Josh Gee and two from prop Richard Warren sealed the win for Fakenham with two conversions from Bane-Young and one from Karl Ryder.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Glossop and Aaron Poysner had great games in the front row and Bob Sayer, Daniel Starman and Matthew King rounded off a great controlled performance by the pack.
Fakenham are set to host Wymondham III on Saturday and there will be a pre-match lunch.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 3 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 6 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 7 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash