Fakenham’s Team GB star Will Feneley showcases his skills at Norfolk celebration
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Snowsports Club celebrated their 50th birthday with crowd-wowing demos by Team GB superstars.
Pat Sharples, Team GB Head Coach for Park & Pipe, and homegrown talent Will Feneley, from Fakenham, opened the “end of summer fete” with dynamic slope displays.
Will, a full time athlete for the British Freestyle Moguls Squad, trained with the club from the age of six, before he was scouted to represent Britain on the international stage.
Deborah Anstee, Club Manager said: “It’s great timing for us that Will is back in the UK for a short break from his training as a full time moguls athlete and that he can come back to the Club to inspire other skiers.”
Founded on January 18, 1968, by a group of teenage skiers fresh from a Norfolk Youth Service holiday course, the non-for-profit club continued to grow until moving to its current Trowse base 1986.
You may also want to watch:
Its 50th year has been jam packed with a special programme of celebratory events.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod