Fakenham’s Team GB star Will Feneley showcases his skills at Norfolk celebration
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Snowsports Club celebrated their 50th birthday with crowd-wowing demos by Team GB superstars.
Pat Sharples, Team GB Head Coach for Park & Pipe, and homegrown talent Will Feneley, from Fakenham, opened the “end of summer fete” with dynamic slope displays.
Will, a full time athlete for the British Freestyle Moguls Squad, trained with the club from the age of six, before he was scouted to represent Britain on the international stage.
Deborah Anstee, Club Manager said: “It’s great timing for us that Will is back in the UK for a short break from his training as a full time moguls athlete and that he can come back to the Club to inspire other skiers.”
Founded on January 18, 1968, by a group of teenage skiers fresh from a Norfolk Youth Service holiday course, the non-for-profit club continued to grow until moving to its current Trowse base 1986.
You may also want to watch:
Its 50th year has been jam packed with a special programme of celebratory events.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 10 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis