Fakenham’s Team GB star Will Feneley showcases his skills at Norfolk celebration
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Snowsports Club celebrated their 50th birthday with crowd-wowing demos by Team GB superstars.
Pat Sharples, Team GB Head Coach for Park & Pipe, and homegrown talent Will Feneley, from Fakenham, opened the “end of summer fete” with dynamic slope displays.
Will, a full time athlete for the British Freestyle Moguls Squad, trained with the club from the age of six, before he was scouted to represent Britain on the international stage.
Deborah Anstee, Club Manager said: “It’s great timing for us that Will is back in the UK for a short break from his training as a full time moguls athlete and that he can come back to the Club to inspire other skiers.”
Founded on January 18, 1968, by a group of teenage skiers fresh from a Norfolk Youth Service holiday course, the non-for-profit club continued to grow until moving to its current Trowse base 1986.
You may also want to watch:
Its 50th year has been jam packed with a special programme of celebratory events.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier