Fakenham score first points but defeat follows
Crusaders 43, Fakenham 13Warming up with 18 men, all looking well for Fakeham in their Eastern Counties One match.A mistake from the home team let Fakenham score the first three points from a penalty, a kick made easy by fly half Baldock.
Crusaders 43, Fakenham 13
Warming up with 18 men, all looking well for Fakeham in their Eastern Counties One match.
A mistake from the home team let Fakenham score the first three points from a penalty, a kick made easy by fly half Baldock.
Crusaders scored a try when they exploited a hole in the defence, and an overlap let them score with ease. A battling bout of rugby up to half-time left Fakenham down by four tries.
You may also want to watch:
A word from captain Sayer was followed by a few changes from substitutes to give the team fresh players. After another try from Crusaders, Allen came up the right wing with support and scored Fakenham's first try, lifting heads and giving Fakenham more confidence.
But three tries were conceded before Fakenham came back with a try from prop Warren, which came from poor Crusaders' defence.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
The Fakenham first team will be playing at the same place on Saturday in a cup game against Crusader Medics.