Fakenham Squash Club a growing force
SQUASH: At Fakenham Squash Club, Bruce Bushell’s work with junior players over the years is paying off as the sport at Fakenham goes from strength to strength.
Having topped Division Three last year, the first team was promoted to a strong Division Two in the Norfolk Winter League, and has maintained progress with two wins out of four so far this season.
The club has also fielded a four-player second team for the first time for many years, giving new and young players, including ladies, a chance to experience league squash.
Having lost its first Division Four match of the winter season 3-1 to a strong University side, the team has won the next three matches.
In the latest matches, the second team showed its growing experience and character in a comprehensive win away at the Norwich club, Oasis.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Dack won comfortably 3-0, Steve Horn and Jason Smith both came through testing matches to win 3-1, while in a roller-coaster game young Oli Bacon-Hilton came back in the last game to beat Richard Hall 3-2.
The first team came up against very strong opponents at Barnham Broom second team, with only Adam Sinkins winning – in straight games – and maintaining his 100 per cent record this season.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 5 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 6 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 7 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 8 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 9 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 10 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer