Fakenham Squash Club close in on Norfolk League success
Fakenham Squash Club took a big step to winning their division in the Norfolk League with an impressive maximum points hall in the local derby at Cromer.
They got off to a good start with both Ian Raisbury and Adam Sinkins winning their matches 3-0.
This was followed up by two more wins by Bruce Bushell and a 3-1 win for Nicky Green.
The last match saw Nick Todd-Hunter complete a clean sweep and give Fakenham the 20 points.
One more win should seal the division title.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham’s juniors were also in fine form in the latest tournament as they won four groups out of six in the Broadland Grand Prix. There were wins for Josh Sinkins, Bradley Nobbs, Brandon Fairbrother and Alex Oliver took the top group just ahead of another Fakenham player Martin Jolley.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears