Fakenham Squash Club close in on Norfolk League success
Fakenham Squash Club took a big step to winning their division in the Norfolk League with an impressive maximum points hall in the local derby at Cromer.
They got off to a good start with both Ian Raisbury and Adam Sinkins winning their matches 3-0.
This was followed up by two more wins by Bruce Bushell and a 3-1 win for Nicky Green.
The last match saw Nick Todd-Hunter complete a clean sweep and give Fakenham the 20 points.
One more win should seal the division title.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham’s juniors were also in fine form in the latest tournament as they won four groups out of six in the Broadland Grand Prix. There were wins for Josh Sinkins, Bradley Nobbs, Brandon Fairbrother and Alex Oliver took the top group just ahead of another Fakenham player Martin Jolley.
- 1 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 2 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 3 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight
- 4 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 5 Care home to close after inspectors brand it unsafe
- 6 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 7 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 8 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 9 Popular former mechanic and town councillor dies aged 88
- 10 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'