Fakenham Squash Club close in on Norfolk League success
Fakenham Squash Club took a big step to winning their division in the Norfolk League with an impressive maximum points hall in the local derby at Cromer.
They got off to a good start with both Ian Raisbury and Adam Sinkins winning their matches 3-0.
This was followed up by two more wins by Bruce Bushell and a 3-1 win for Nicky Green.
The last match saw Nick Todd-Hunter complete a clean sweep and give Fakenham the 20 points.
One more win should seal the division title.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham’s juniors were also in fine form in the latest tournament as they won four groups out of six in the Broadland Grand Prix. There were wins for Josh Sinkins, Bradley Nobbs, Brandon Fairbrother and Alex Oliver took the top group just ahead of another Fakenham player Martin Jolley.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 6 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 7 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown