Fakenham Squash Club close in on Norfolk League success
Fakenham Squash Club took a big step to winning their division in the Norfolk League with an impressive maximum points hall in the local derby at Cromer.
They got off to a good start with both Ian Raisbury and Adam Sinkins winning their matches 3-0.
This was followed up by two more wins by Bruce Bushell and a 3-1 win for Nicky Green.
The last match saw Nick Todd-Hunter complete a clean sweep and give Fakenham the 20 points.
One more win should seal the division title.
Fakenham’s juniors were also in fine form in the latest tournament as they won four groups out of six in the Broadland Grand Prix. There were wins for Josh Sinkins, Bradley Nobbs, Brandon Fairbrother and Alex Oliver took the top group just ahead of another Fakenham player Martin Jolley.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 2 Sadness as former sailing school set to be demolished for homes
- 3 Covid rates drop by up to 43pc across all areas of Norfolk
- 4 Photographer captures stunning image of town's hidden gem
- 5 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 6 Two Land Rovers overturn on A148
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 Inaugural Pride of Wells awards announced to 'honour the legends'
- 9 Celebration to mark 100 years since restoration of famous religious shrine
- 10 Warning over scam caller telling people they are unvaccinated