Fakenham squash off to fine start
SQUASH: A new summer league got under way with Fakenham Squash Club making a fine start as they comfortably won both their opening matches.
The firstinvolved a long trip to Potters at Great Yarmouth, but a fine 4-0 victory saw Fakenham take maximum points.
Adam Sinkins and Bruce Bushell both won 3-0, with Tim Venes an Alex Oliver having 3-1 victories.
For the next match, at home, Fakenham changed the team around, bringing in Martin Dack, Sam Lanham an 14-year-old Brandon Fairbrother.
All three players had excellent matches. Sam Lanham lost in the final leg of his match, but Brandon Fairbrother an Martin Dack both won 3-0. Together with another win for Adam Sinkins, this saw Fakenham gain 15 points from the match.
You may also want to watch:
The next match will be tougher when one of the stronger clubs, East Anglia, visit Fakenham in two weeks’ time.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 3 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 4 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 8 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 9 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 10 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk