Fakenham squash off to fine start
SQUASH: A new summer league got under way with Fakenham Squash Club making a fine start as they comfortably won both their opening matches.
The firstinvolved a long trip to Potters at Great Yarmouth, but a fine 4-0 victory saw Fakenham take maximum points.
Adam Sinkins and Bruce Bushell both won 3-0, with Tim Venes an Alex Oliver having 3-1 victories.
For the next match, at home, Fakenham changed the team around, bringing in Martin Dack, Sam Lanham an 14-year-old Brandon Fairbrother.
All three players had excellent matches. Sam Lanham lost in the final leg of his match, but Brandon Fairbrother an Martin Dack both won 3-0. Together with another win for Adam Sinkins, this saw Fakenham gain 15 points from the match.
You may also want to watch:
The next match will be tougher when one of the stronger clubs, East Anglia, visit Fakenham in two weeks’ time.
- 1 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
- 5 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 6 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 10 Lidl manager 'speechless' after stranger gives her flowers