Fakenham squash off to fine start
SQUASH: A new summer league got under way with Fakenham Squash Club making a fine start as they comfortably won both their opening matches.
The firstinvolved a long trip to Potters at Great Yarmouth, but a fine 4-0 victory saw Fakenham take maximum points.
Adam Sinkins and Bruce Bushell both won 3-0, with Tim Venes an Alex Oliver having 3-1 victories.
For the next match, at home, Fakenham changed the team around, bringing in Martin Dack, Sam Lanham an 14-year-old Brandon Fairbrother.
All three players had excellent matches. Sam Lanham lost in the final leg of his match, but Brandon Fairbrother an Martin Dack both won 3-0. Together with another win for Adam Sinkins, this saw Fakenham gain 15 points from the match.
You may also want to watch:
The next match will be tougher when one of the stronger clubs, East Anglia, visit Fakenham in two weeks’ time.
- 1 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 4 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop
- 5 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 6 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 7 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 8 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 9 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 10 Wood engraving artist and children's writer dies following long illness