Fakenham squash team retains status
SQUASH: Fakenham Squash Club men’s first team secured their Division Two survival with their biggest win of the season when they defeated Norwich side Bannaytes 5-0. This resulted in sending the Norwich side down.
Fakenham needed 14 points to stay up and they got of to a great start with both senior players, Liam Brett and captain Bruce Bushell, having comfortable wins.
It was then over to Fakenham’s young players, but both Connor Doy and Alex Oliver were made to work hard for victories.
Connor’s match went to a fifth leg and Alex won in four close legs.
This gave Fakenham the points they needed to stay up, and left only the last match.
You may also want to watch:
This saw Adam Sinkins, who is now ranked in the top two in the county under-19s, completely demolish his opponent 3-0.
The Fakenham side have done well to stay in this division as the club has never been in a higher league. And also putting out a second team for the first time in a number of years, it has been a successful season.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 7 'We are here for the children' - Headteacher backs EDP's laptop campaign
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park