Fakenham squash team retains status
SQUASH: Fakenham Squash Club men’s first team secured their Division Two survival with their biggest win of the season when they defeated Norwich side Bannaytes 5-0. This resulted in sending the Norwich side down.
Fakenham needed 14 points to stay up and they got of to a great start with both senior players, Liam Brett and captain Bruce Bushell, having comfortable wins.
It was then over to Fakenham’s young players, but both Connor Doy and Alex Oliver were made to work hard for victories.
Connor’s match went to a fifth leg and Alex won in four close legs.
This gave Fakenham the points they needed to stay up, and left only the last match.
You may also want to watch:
This saw Adam Sinkins, who is now ranked in the top two in the county under-19s, completely demolish his opponent 3-0.
The Fakenham side have done well to stay in this division as the club has never been in a higher league. And also putting out a second team for the first time in a number of years, it has been a successful season.
- 1 'It is heartbreaking' - Landlord of 'wet-led' pub that still can't open
- 2 Brilliant light display in memory of late wife brightens up Christmas
- 3 Fakenham's clash with Hashtag Utd is 'biggest game in years'
- 4 Firefighters called to chimney blaze in Norfolk village
- 5 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 6 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 7 'I am devastated' - Mum of three has Morrison card hacked
- 8 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 9 Pedestrian in hospital after crash involving van
- 10 New town bench divides opinion