Fakenham squash team retains status
SQUASH: Fakenham Squash Club men’s first team secured their Division Two survival with their biggest win of the season when they defeated Norwich side Bannaytes 5-0. This resulted in sending the Norwich side down.
Fakenham needed 14 points to stay up and they got of to a great start with both senior players, Liam Brett and captain Bruce Bushell, having comfortable wins.
It was then over to Fakenham’s young players, but both Connor Doy and Alex Oliver were made to work hard for victories.
Connor’s match went to a fifth leg and Alex won in four close legs.
This gave Fakenham the points they needed to stay up, and left only the last match.
You may also want to watch:
This saw Adam Sinkins, who is now ranked in the top two in the county under-19s, completely demolish his opponent 3-0.
The Fakenham side have done well to stay in this division as the club has never been in a higher league. And also putting out a second team for the first time in a number of years, it has been a successful season.
- 1 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 7 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 10 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced