Fakenham squash team retains status
SQUASH: Fakenham Squash Club men’s first team secured their Division Two survival with their biggest win of the season when they defeated Norwich side Bannaytes 5-0. This resulted in sending the Norwich side down.
Fakenham needed 14 points to stay up and they got of to a great start with both senior players, Liam Brett and captain Bruce Bushell, having comfortable wins.
It was then over to Fakenham’s young players, but both Connor Doy and Alex Oliver were made to work hard for victories.
Connor’s match went to a fifth leg and Alex won in four close legs.
This gave Fakenham the points they needed to stay up, and left only the last match.
You may also want to watch:
This saw Adam Sinkins, who is now ranked in the top two in the county under-19s, completely demolish his opponent 3-0.
The Fakenham side have done well to stay in this division as the club has never been in a higher league. And also putting out a second team for the first time in a number of years, it has been a successful season.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk