Fakenham squash team retains status
SQUASH: Fakenham Squash Club men’s first team secured their Division Two survival with their biggest win of the season when they defeated Norwich side Bannaytes 5-0. This resulted in sending the Norwich side down.
Fakenham needed 14 points to stay up and they got of to a great start with both senior players, Liam Brett and captain Bruce Bushell, having comfortable wins.
It was then over to Fakenham’s young players, but both Connor Doy and Alex Oliver were made to work hard for victories.
Connor’s match went to a fifth leg and Alex won in four close legs.
This gave Fakenham the points they needed to stay up, and left only the last match.
You may also want to watch:
This saw Adam Sinkins, who is now ranked in the top two in the county under-19s, completely demolish his opponent 3-0.
The Fakenham side have done well to stay in this division as the club has never been in a higher league. And also putting out a second team for the first time in a number of years, it has been a successful season.
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 3 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 6 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 9 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries