Fakenham to start season with rich raceday
- Credit: IAN BURT
Fakenham Racecourse is preparing for the start of its new national hunt season with the richest raceday for two years on Friday October 24 courtesy of a major local sponsor, Kettle Foods, makers of KETTLE® Chips.
The Norwich-based snack manufacturer has joined forces with the Norfolk course to offer up the day’s richest jumps meeting with an appetising seven-race card. Its Norfolk Hospice Race Day will be offering levels of prize money to the tune of £70,500 and punters will be hoping to unearth a lucrative winner or two on what promises to be a smashing day.
David Hunter, chief executive and clerk of the course at Fakenham said: “We are committed to putting as much as possible into prize money and are immensely grateful to Kettle Foods and the supporting sponsors Wordingham Plant Hire and W’s Transport for their extremely generous sponsorship. This is the second time we have been worked with Kettle Foods and the Norfolk Hospice to put on such a great day and it is as a direct consequence of Kettle Foods’ and other sponsors’ generosity and commitment to the cause that we are able to put on such a valuable and exciting day’s racing.”
Dominic Lowe, managing director of Kettle Foods, said: “As a major employer in Norfolk and a supporter of the local community, we are once again proud to sponsor the Norfolk Hospice Raceday at Fakenham.”
The first Norfolk Hospice Raceday was held at Fakenham two years ago and raised £150,000 for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Before the first race, over 200 people will be sitting down to a sumptuous fundraising lunch at which they will be invited to dig deep for some truly fabulous charity auction lots. Gates open at 11am with the first race at 2pm. Adult entry is from £8 and children under 17 go free.
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 6 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 9 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 10 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere