Afternoon to forget for Fakenham Town as they are beaten 5-0 at home
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town suffered a second successive home defeat on Saturday - and it was a painful one as they were hammered 5-0 by Lakenheath.
The Ghosts went into the match in a decent run of form, with a 3-0 reverse against high-flying Mulbarton in their previous game at Clipbush Park being their only defeat in 10 matches.
But it all went wrong in the second half at the weekend, with the visitors scoring four times to claim a comprehensive victory.
Thurlow Nunn League Division One North newcomers Lakenheath led just 1-0 at the interval, thanks to a goal from Aaron Turner, but pulled away in the second half, with Aaron Forshaw and Ryan Weaver scoring before a late brace from Kelvin Enaro completing the rout.
The result saw Fakenham slip below their conquerors to seventh in the table ahead of Saturday’s long trip to Leiston Reserves.
Fakenham Town Reserves came away from Easton with a useful point in Anglian Combination Division One.
They were trailing 1-0 at the break and faced playing the second half with just 10 men after Dan Tuddenham received a second yellow card for comments made to the referee but a 51st minute goal from Ben Darby meant the match ended 1-1.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 4 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 5 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast to pass over Norfolk
- 7 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 8 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 9 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
The Ghosts’ second string are at heome to Thetford Rovers on Saturday (2.30pm).