Afternoon to forget for Fakenham Town as they are beaten 5-0 at home
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town suffered a second successive home defeat on Saturday - and it was a painful one as they were hammered 5-0 by Lakenheath.
The Ghosts went into the match in a decent run of form, with a 3-0 reverse against high-flying Mulbarton in their previous game at Clipbush Park being their only defeat in 10 matches.
But it all went wrong in the second half at the weekend, with the visitors scoring four times to claim a comprehensive victory.
Thurlow Nunn League Division One North newcomers Lakenheath led just 1-0 at the interval, thanks to a goal from Aaron Turner, but pulled away in the second half, with Aaron Forshaw and Ryan Weaver scoring before a late brace from Kelvin Enaro completing the rout.
The result saw Fakenham slip below their conquerors to seventh in the table ahead of Saturday’s long trip to Leiston Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Town Reserves came away from Easton with a useful point in Anglian Combination Division One.
They were trailing 1-0 at the break and faced playing the second half with just 10 men after Dan Tuddenham received a second yellow card for comments made to the referee but a 51st minute goal from Ben Darby meant the match ended 1-1.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
The Ghosts’ second string are at heome to Thetford Rovers on Saturday (2.30pm).