Afternoon to forget for Fakenham Town as they are beaten 5-0 at home
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town suffered a second successive home defeat on Saturday - and it was a painful one as they were hammered 5-0 by Lakenheath.
The Ghosts went into the match in a decent run of form, with a 3-0 reverse against high-flying Mulbarton in their previous game at Clipbush Park being their only defeat in 10 matches.
But it all went wrong in the second half at the weekend, with the visitors scoring four times to claim a comprehensive victory.
Thurlow Nunn League Division One North newcomers Lakenheath led just 1-0 at the interval, thanks to a goal from Aaron Turner, but pulled away in the second half, with Aaron Forshaw and Ryan Weaver scoring before a late brace from Kelvin Enaro completing the rout.
The result saw Fakenham slip below their conquerors to seventh in the table ahead of Saturday’s long trip to Leiston Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Town Reserves came away from Easton with a useful point in Anglian Combination Division One.
They were trailing 1-0 at the break and faced playing the second half with just 10 men after Dan Tuddenham received a second yellow card for comments made to the referee but a 51st minute goal from Ben Darby meant the match ended 1-1.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 8 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
The Ghosts’ second string are at heome to Thetford Rovers on Saturday (2.30pm).