Leiston Reserves 0 Fakenham Town 2: Ghosts maintain excellent run of away form
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham may have lost their previous two home matches - but on the road their form continues to be superb.
The Ghosts made it six victories in seven away matches - with the other game being drawn - when they won 2-0 at Leiston Reserves on a horrible afternoon.
The win was secured by two first half goals, with Gus Matthews setting the ball rolling on 22 minutes when he pounced on a deflected shot to beat the home keeper.
It was 2-0 11 minutes later as Harry Exley fired home after latching onto an Alby Matthews pass - and that’s the way it stayed.
The Ghosts are now fifth in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North table going into Saturday’s home match against March Town United, who are one place and one point above them, having played one more game.
You may also want to watch:
There’s another match at Clipbush Park on Boxing Day (11am kick-off), with third placed Norwich CBS the visitors.
The games provide Fakenham with an ideal opportunities to put the previous Saturday’s painful 5-0 home defeat against Lakenheath behind them.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 2 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 5 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 8 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
It was an unhappy afternoon for Fakenham Town Reserves who were beaten 3-0 at home by Thetford Rovers in Division One of the Anglian Combination. The second string now have a break until January 5.