Leiston Reserves 0 Fakenham Town 2: Ghosts maintain excellent run of away form
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham may have lost their previous two home matches - but on the road their form continues to be superb.
The Ghosts made it six victories in seven away matches - with the other game being drawn - when they won 2-0 at Leiston Reserves on a horrible afternoon.
The win was secured by two first half goals, with Gus Matthews setting the ball rolling on 22 minutes when he pounced on a deflected shot to beat the home keeper.
It was 2-0 11 minutes later as Harry Exley fired home after latching onto an Alby Matthews pass - and that’s the way it stayed.
The Ghosts are now fifth in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North table going into Saturday’s home match against March Town United, who are one place and one point above them, having played one more game.
You may also want to watch:
There’s another match at Clipbush Park on Boxing Day (11am kick-off), with third placed Norwich CBS the visitors.
The games provide Fakenham with an ideal opportunities to put the previous Saturday’s painful 5-0 home defeat against Lakenheath behind them.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 7 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
It was an unhappy afternoon for Fakenham Town Reserves who were beaten 3-0 at home by Thetford Rovers in Division One of the Anglian Combination. The second string now have a break until January 5.