Leiston Reserves 0 Fakenham Town 2: Ghosts maintain excellent run of away form
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham may have lost their previous two home matches - but on the road their form continues to be superb.
The Ghosts made it six victories in seven away matches - with the other game being drawn - when they won 2-0 at Leiston Reserves on a horrible afternoon.
The win was secured by two first half goals, with Gus Matthews setting the ball rolling on 22 minutes when he pounced on a deflected shot to beat the home keeper.
It was 2-0 11 minutes later as Harry Exley fired home after latching onto an Alby Matthews pass - and that’s the way it stayed.
The Ghosts are now fifth in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North table going into Saturday’s home match against March Town United, who are one place and one point above them, having played one more game.
You may also want to watch:
There’s another match at Clipbush Park on Boxing Day (11am kick-off), with third placed Norwich CBS the visitors.
The games provide Fakenham with an ideal opportunities to put the previous Saturday’s painful 5-0 home defeat against Lakenheath behind them.
- 1 'Exceptional' - Fakenham jewellers thank town for warm welcome
- 2 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 3 First baby lobsters from Wells hatchery returned to the sea
- 4 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed
- 5 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 6 Your say - Your favourite landmark in North Norfolk
- 7 Your say - Fakenham's thoughts on 'firebreak' lockdown
- 8 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 9 Fakenham Beer and Gin Festival finally set to return
- 10 Memorial match remembers former headmaster and rugby player
It was an unhappy afternoon for Fakenham Town Reserves who were beaten 3-0 at home by Thetford Rovers in Division One of the Anglian Combination. The second string now have a break until January 5.