Leiston Reserves 0 Fakenham Town 2: Ghosts maintain excellent run of away form
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham may have lost their previous two home matches - but on the road their form continues to be superb.
The Ghosts made it six victories in seven away matches - with the other game being drawn - when they won 2-0 at Leiston Reserves on a horrible afternoon.
The win was secured by two first half goals, with Gus Matthews setting the ball rolling on 22 minutes when he pounced on a deflected shot to beat the home keeper.
It was 2-0 11 minutes later as Harry Exley fired home after latching onto an Alby Matthews pass - and that’s the way it stayed.
The Ghosts are now fifth in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North table going into Saturday’s home match against March Town United, who are one place and one point above them, having played one more game.
There’s another match at Clipbush Park on Boxing Day (11am kick-off), with third placed Norwich CBS the visitors.
The games provide Fakenham with an ideal opportunities to put the previous Saturday’s painful 5-0 home defeat against Lakenheath behind them.
- 1 New special school opens doors to first students
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 4 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 5 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Pair of primary schools join Diocese of Norwich trust
- 7 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 8 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 9 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
It was an unhappy afternoon for Fakenham Town Reserves who were beaten 3-0 at home by Thetford Rovers in Division One of the Anglian Combination. The second string now have a break until January 5.