Leiston Reserves 0 Fakenham Town 2: Ghosts maintain excellent run of away form
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham may have lost their previous two home matches - but on the road their form continues to be superb.
The Ghosts made it six victories in seven away matches - with the other game being drawn - when they won 2-0 at Leiston Reserves on a horrible afternoon.
The win was secured by two first half goals, with Gus Matthews setting the ball rolling on 22 minutes when he pounced on a deflected shot to beat the home keeper.
It was 2-0 11 minutes later as Harry Exley fired home after latching onto an Alby Matthews pass - and that’s the way it stayed.
The Ghosts are now fifth in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North table going into Saturday’s home match against March Town United, who are one place and one point above them, having played one more game.
There’s another match at Clipbush Park on Boxing Day (11am kick-off), with third placed Norwich CBS the visitors.
The games provide Fakenham with an ideal opportunities to put the previous Saturday’s painful 5-0 home defeat against Lakenheath behind them.
- 1 Film studio which brought John Travolta to Norfolk shuts for good
- 2 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 3 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 4 Norfolk winery wins prestigious national award
- 5 Sparse and getting older - What the census says about north Norfolk
- 6 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 Headteacher set to depart school after 'proud' 12 years
It was an unhappy afternoon for Fakenham Town Reserves who were beaten 3-0 at home by Thetford Rovers in Division One of the Anglian Combination. The second string now have a break until January 5.